- Dai-ichi Life Việt Nam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 1500 Competitive
- Posted: 16 Jul 2021
1. Request for Approval Review (RFA)
- Check and review all RFAs which are under CFO’s scope of approval
- Ensure the following objectives:
- Expenses are in line with budget and company’s strategy
- Expenses are recorded and accrued as required under accounting principles
- RFA are logged for record keeping purpose
- Ensure RFA Review and Monitoring Process being well performed.
- Assist RFA submitters in completing RFAs by giving advice, review, cross check, and challenging toward RFA to ensure the decision in RFA will comply with relevant laws and internal rules, and expense related to such decision will be adequate in terms of the Company budget etc.
- Monitor RFA implementation and post implementation for report on impact/lesson learnt for future projects.
- Enhance RFA Process and Report.
2. Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Management Reporting
- Design, automate, analyze and deliver standard reports on monthly, quarterly & yearly basis.
- Conduct variety of reports including Monthly Expense Report, Monthly RFA Report, P&L Commentaries, CEO Report, Budget Shifting, etc.
- Provide ad hoc reporting for management and the business, as needed.
3. Financial Analysis
- Provide Financial/ Business Analysis Reports to Exco Meeting on monthly basis. Subjects may vary from time to time which can be but not limited to:
- Analyzing current and past financial data and business performance.
- Perform macroeconomic, industry researches & analyses; Monitoring changes in financial regulations and legislation to ensure that legal requirements are met.
- Making recommendations to top management regarding strategies for improving the company’s financial strength.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance.
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial information, help management make financial decisions.
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
4. Finance Accounting Operating Manual
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing, coordinating, consolidating, and managing to complete the FAOM.
- Ensure the FAOM meeting the following objectives:
- Document all existing Finance & Accounting procedures/ manuals/ instructions/ and practices that are being applied by FA Department;
- Provide FA staffs with clear and standard guidance for their daily operating activities;
- Ensure consistency of process being applied at all level throughout FA Department;
- Strengthen and enhance FA Department capabilities to meet continuous developing requirements of the Company;
- Can be used for Internal Audit, External Audit, and other purposes.
5. Annual Budget and Forecast
- Assist Finance Manager in Annual Budget and Forecast activities.
6. Finance Business Partner
- Support Business Partners in all finance-related aspects
- Coordinate with relevant departments to perform regular expense review and comment. Regular monitoring of significant expenses such as commission, contest, sales seminars/conventions, rental, staff cost, underwriting, and advertising etc. to stay on top of these key items.
- Other activities and responsibilities relating to Finance from time to time as required.
Education, no. of year experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting;
- At least 4 years working in Finance/Accounting;
- Experience in Insurance industry is an advantage;
- CFA, ACCA preferred.
- Sound financial planning & analysis/ financial modeling/ budget control/ reporting;
- Very advanced MS Office.
- SAP, Sun System, Q&A, VBA Preferred;
- Fluent in English;
- Life Insurance knowledge preferred.
- Very good at communication, interpersonal, team work, problem solving, relationship management;
- Responsible, eager to learn, pro-active attitude.
About Dai-ichi Life Việt Nam
After 11 years of operations, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam has grown up more than ten times in terms of total premiums, affirming its position among the leading life insurance companies in Vietnam with solid and sustainable development. Especially in 2017, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam has risen to the top three in the market in terms of new premium revenue worth more than 3,600 billion dong, while earning total premium revenue of over 8,000 billion dong and reaching 12% market share. The company is serving 2 million Vietnamese customers through more than 1,200 staff, 70,500 financial consultants. Dai-ichi Life Vietnam is proud to hold the 3rd position in terms of customer service network with more than 260 offices and general agencies covering 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
On November 30th, 2017, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam obtained the approval from the Ministry of Finance for the 6th increase of capital up to 5,400 billion dong (approximately USD 256 million). With this capital increase, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam becomes one of the top life insurance companies in terms of capitalization in Vietnam market, demonstrating the company’s solid financial strength and its commitment to being a “Lifetime partner” of Vietnamese customers.
On January 17th, 2018, at the Reunification Hall of Ho Chi Minh City, Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company of Vietnam (Dai-ichi Life Vietnam) solemnly organized the Awarding Ceremony of the Third Class Labour Medal, granted by the President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, for its excellent achievement to the economic development of Vietnam as well as its significant community contribution, especially in the CSR campaign to support poor patients during the past years.
Not only striving in business, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam also paid great concern and care for social and charitable activities. Based on the criteria “Social activities must be from the heart and bringing realistic values for the people”, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam has so far pioneered and initiated various impactful philanthropy and community projects with the contribution of more than 22 billion dong, such as its annual blood donation, charity eyes surgery program, granting scholarships and warm jackets to disadvantaged pupils, granting life policies to kindergarten teachers, providing relief to families suffering disaster, etc. Dai-ichi Life Vietnam was honorably granted the “Corporate Social Responsibility Award” by Asia Insurance Review for two times, the 1st time in the year of 2013 with the project “For A Better Life” – providing clean drinking water for more than 24,000 pupils in the rural provinces of Vietnam, and the 2nd time in November 2015 with the project “Million bricks for a happy life”- building 10 bridges in the rural areas of Vietnam.
On June 2nd, 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam was honored to be the only life insurer in Vietnam winning the “Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards” 2017, organised regionally by Enterprise Asia. This noble accolade highlights the company’s outstanding social responsibilities through its various community activities, together with its establishment of “For A Better Life” CSR Foundation in August 2016 to continue the mission of improving the living standard for the Vietnamese people.
On March 22nd, 2017, following the survey conducted by Anphabe career network and Nielsen global marketing research firm, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam was proud to be ranked 4th “Vietnam Best Places To Work” 2016 award in both life and non-life insurance sector, and ranked 36th among Top 100 “Vietnam Best Places To Work” across industries, affirming the company’s success in recruiting, training and developing high-quality man power in order to build a solid foundation for sustainable growth in Vietnam.
Besides, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam honourably received the prize “Top 100 Golden Star Brand 2015”, “Trusted Brand” for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, “Top 50 famous Brands 2014”, “Typical Commercial & Service Business” in 2010, 2013, 2016, "Best Life Insurance Company" at the Golden Dragon Award for 9 consecutive years 2008-2016. These national prestigious awards have demonstrated exceptional achievements of Dai-ichi Life Vietnam in the market, as well as its realistic contributions to the economic growth of Vietnam.