- DBS Bank , singapore - Singapore
- 7000 Competitive
- Posted: 08 Aug 2019
- We’re looking for technologists across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
- Based in Singapore, you’ll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch. You’ll design, develop, test and deploy new applications as part of the strategic transformation programme, using Agile, cloud technologies, microservices and Big Data.
- Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Deeply interested in technology and how it can be used to solve real-world problems
- Actively keeping yourself up to date with the latest technological trends, tools and frameworks
- Looking to have a meaningful impact on a large group of people
- Creating complex applications, transforming user experience and the enterprise
- Hands-on coding, initially solely responsible developing services that construct applications front to back i.e. from UX to data acquisition and repositories.
- Responsible for assuring the technical design and delivery
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality code
- Working with senior business and technical colleagues to rapidly deliver solutions
- Collaborating with and working under the direction of senior technical colleagues
- Contributing to the technical design and architecture, particularly in service / microservice decomposition
- Knowledge in lots of different domains, programming languages and client environments
- Furnish the business domain deeply and working closely with business stakeholders
Essential Skills & Prerequisites
- Strong experience in managing a mid and large scale team (offshore and onshore)
- A grounded understanding of development best practices
- Continuous Integration, branching and merging, pair programming, code reviews, feature toggles, blue-green deployments, TDD and unit testing, agile methodologies (Scrum/XP), Design Patterns
- Hands on experience on Java/Web frameworks and tools including: Spring-boot, Redis, Hazlecast, AngularJS, AMQP (RabbitMQ), MongoDB, Cloud Foundary or similar cloud technology
- Good understanding of Networking and Security
- Familiarity with RDBMS, preferably MariaDB, MySQL, NoSQL.UML and Design Thinking (user journey) experience.
- Demonstrable experience in event driven design and coding.
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Hunger to innovate, extend knowledge and present new ideas.
About DBS Bank
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia with a presence in 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
Recognised for its global leadership, DBS has been named “Global Bank of the Year” by The Banker and “Best Bank in the World” by Global Finance. The bank is at the forefront of leveraging digital technology to shape the future of banking, having been named “World’s Best Digital Bank” by Euromoney. In addition, DBS has been accorded the “Safest Bank in Asia” award by Global Finance for ten consecutive years from 2009 to 2018.
As a company of 27,000 innovators, we constantly challenge conventions and stereotypes of a traditional bank. Digital transformation pervades every part of the bank and our leaders inspire employees to challenge the status quo, innovate and reimagine banking. Employees are empowered with opportunities to experiment and come up with innovative solutions that will help transform customer experiences, so that they can ‘Live more, Bank less’.
Discover how you can live fulfilled at DBS – where you can be the best, be the change and be the difference.https://www.dbs.com/careers/default.page