Group Commercial Finance Manager
- DatVietVAC Group Holdings , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 2000 Competitive
- Posted: 15 Jan 2018
A. Main Objectives
The Group Commercial Finance Manager’s role is to partner the business streams in ensuring that billing & contribution are optimized and effectively managed. The post holder will provide strong commercial & financial advice on margin management, capital investment and other operational issues as well as ensuring that the senior management team is appropriately communicated with on actual & forecast performance.
B. Key Roles & Responsibilities
1/ Business Optimization
- Analyze revenue sources by various criteria: by BU/ Client/ Channel/ Syndicators/ Market,… and provide optimization recommendation
- Proactively forecast components of revenue growth
- Contribute to the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic operational & financial objectives.
- Develop ‘objectives-based’ system & process enhancements to enable more effective day-to-day management of business profitability
- Proactively conducts business performance review and financial analysis and prepare consolidated business plans in alignment with company strategies
- Ensures final Business Performance Evaluation reports are precise and on time to support executive decisions
2/ Operational & Financial Planning & Reporting
- Contribute to the formulation of Corporate Strategy by developing medium to long-term operational (including capital expenditure) forecasts and leading the Group’s annual strategic planning & budgeting process
- Work with FP&A Finance Manager to improve financial planning system across the Group
- Management of Board Reporting & forecasting for the operational aspects of the business, including management of operations risks & opportunities.
3/ Investment/ M&A
- Conduct financial analysis, valuation and monitor due diligence process
- Provide financial recommendations to GFD for deal structuring
- Accountable for preparing pre-feasibility and feasibility study of all investment projects
- Manage financing for investment projects and monitor the performance of investment.
4/ Finance Operations Management & Improvement
- Fostering strong relationships with business units by establishing a customer service culture within the Group Finance Team
- Challenge existing modus operandi, questioning processes and structures which are currently embedded in the Company culture.
- Optimize the use of Technology in Financial Planning & Reporting to ensure timeliness and precision of reporting system, minimize the discrepancy between planning & actual
- Play a coaching role for the finance & operational teams (including management) to become more financially competent in their approach to business decisions
- Complete and timely update Financial policies and procedures in accordance with prevailing laws and regulations and Corporate Governance system
- Ensure the smooth and consistently strict implementation of all Finance policies & procedures across the Group.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business/ Economics required. MBA/ CPA/ ACCA/ CFA is an advantage for career development.
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A or equivalent. 3+ years of experience leading a team and managing people
- ERP experience
- Business Performance evaluation
- Budgeting & Forecasting for multiple business units
- Experience serving as a strategic business partner to other areas of an organization
- Strong internal/external communicator being able to build strong relationships, influencing and presenting at a senior level
- Advanced systems, analytical and modeling skills
- Experience in FMCG/ Media/ Communication/ Entertainment/ Auditing industry a plus
- Working experience in Vietnam
- Having experience in FMCG/ Media/ Communication/ Entertainment/ Auditing industry a plus and MBA/ CPA/ CFA/ ACCA holder is preferred.
- Knowledge of local market environment & trends, government policy and regulatory requirements
- Passionate about the Media, Communications, and Entertainment business
4/ Technical Skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Ability to learn and adapt promptly to new systems and tools.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Excellence presentation, reporting and communication skills, both verbal and written
5/ Soft skills
- Fluent in English
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
- Planning and Organizing
- Analytical Thinking
About DatVietVAC Group Holdings
DatViet VAC Group Holdings, Vietnam's largest and the only vertically integrated media and entertainment platforms, provides unique opportunities and end-to-end solutions to marketers. As the first and most well established privately owned agency for over past 23 years, we have an incomparable leading market share in media services, content provision, and TV/digital channels/platforms. Because of DatViet VAC's deep rooted belief in providing exceptional marketing solutions to our client, exceptional nurturing of our people and of the community, we have been recognized:
- “Vietnam Best Places To Work” in 3 consecutive years, 2014, 2015, 2016 by Anphabe
- “Agency of the Year ”in 2014, 2015,2016 by Campaign Southeast Asia.
- “World Top 25 global growth companies” in 2013 by The World Economic Forum (WEF)
To sustain vitality in our solid business growth, Datviet VAC continuously recruits and develop talented, dynamic people to share our passion, imagination and success story.