Law Enforcement Specialist
- Tetra Tech , Ha Noi - Vietnam
- 600 Competitive
- Posted: 04 Oct 2018
- Improve and harmonize the legal framework for wildlife crime by addressing core rule of law and governance weaknesses, supporting trade compliance, and increasing clarity regarding overlapping jurisdictions, contradictory or unclear mandates, legal loopholes, and weak authorities;
- Strengthen wildlife law enforcement and prosecution by building the capacity of law enforcement and customs agents, institutionalizing police and customs countering wildlife trafficking training, and fighting corruption; and
- Reduce consumer demand for and consumption of illegal wildlife and wildlife products by targeting the behaviors, beliefs, norms, and cultural expectations of key populations that drive Vietnamese consumption of target wildlife and products.
Tetra Tech ARD is recruiting a Law Enforcement Specialist for successful implementation of the above mentioned Task 2. All applicants should be Vietnamese citizens. Interested and qualified candidates should email their current curriculum vitae (CV), 3 references, and a completed (signed/dated) Employee Biographical Data form (can be downloaded from https://careers.tetratechintdev.com/ARDCareers/App/Documents/AID1420-17E...).
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Develop and oversee work-planning, budgeting, project-tracking and performance reporting for all activities under Task 2 of the USAID Saving Species project;
- Institutionalize counter wildlife trafficking into relevant capacity building strategies with Government partners and training institutions;
- Design and oversee the implementation of on-the-job support activities to law enforcement agencies at the national and local levels;
- Collaborate and coordinate with relevant Government partners, subcontractors, grantees and other USS staff to plan, execute, monitor and report the overall project activities;
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to support legal reforms and institutionalize law enforcement capacity building in Vietnam;
- Work closely with the Technical lead of the above mentioned Task 1 to assist in the design and execution of policy and legal reform activities that support law enforcement agencies; provide inputs to policy, institutional and legal analyses to improve enforcement effectiveness; and with the Technical lead of the above mentioned Task 3 to integrate behavior change findings and innovative approach on capacity building and enforcement actions.
- Provide day-to-day direction of all activities related to law enforcement capacity building activities under Task 2;
- Establish and maintain partnership with Vietnam’s enforcement community for effective law enforcement activities;
- Provide support and technical inputs to facilitate inter-agency and inter-governmental enforcement cooperation;
- Supervise production of databases to enable effective law enforcement activities;
- Collaborate with and build upon the efforts of other USG, internationally-assisted and civil society activities in legal reform and law enforcement capacity building;
- Represent the USS project at meetings, conferences, workshops… as requested;
- Other tasks as assigned by the USS Project.
Application deadline: 28 October 2018
- Postgraduate degree in law, criminology, law enforcement, or a related field
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience at a senior/management level
- Knowledge of illegal trafficking of wildlife or other black market commodities (e.g. humans, narcotics, weapons)
- Working experience in an organization providing support to law enforcement agencies or within a law enforcement agency
- Experience in organizing, leading and managing trainings/training workshops and survey/research at both local and national levels
- Proven ability to prepare and manage projects and organize events
- Ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines while still providing high standard outputs
- A strong communicator, able to negotiate with respect for and sensitivity to political and cultural approaches
- Knowledge of intelligence analysis and application
- Willingness to travel within Vietnam and in the region
- Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written English and Vietnamese
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Required competencies including but not limited to:
- excellent analytical skills
- costing, budget forecasting and planning
- strong people management skills to motivate, build capacity and inspire stakeholders.
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech, through its subsidiary Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.tetratechintdev.com/), a US- based international development firm is implementing the USAID Saving Species Project funded by the United States Agency for International Development. Its principal Government of Vietnam counterpart is the CITES Management Authority of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.