- PepsiCo Foods Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 3500 Competitive
- Posted: 30 Aug 2017
Report to: Senior Director and Legal Counsel
I/ Role :
The main objective is to provide strong legal leadership and support to the Foods MU’s initiatives and projects, ensure that MU is aware of the local regulations and PepsiCo Policies, provide appropriate training, and assist MU in complying with relevant laws and policies
- General Legal Advice
- Supervise and manage legal team to provide day-today legal matters
- Provide legal advice on legal risk implications and bring legal issues to management’s attention through weekly/regular meeting
- Develop an in-depth understanding of how legal issues affect the business
- Review contracts for compliance with PepsiCo policies and applicable laws and to protect PepsiCo’s best interests
- Draft and review legal documents, such as business partnership agreements, service contracts, and Project and Supply Chain Management Team contracts for compliance with PepsiCo policies and local laws and to provide accurate and clear English translations, referring complex matters to Regional Legal as necessary
- Accurately and appropriately prepare legal documents in English ; Identify legal issues, especially relating to proposed amendments to company standard forms
- Ensure proper alignment, communications and coordination with BU Legal, external counsel and internal functions for non-routine new contracts
- Supervise contract filing/document management
- Risk Management & Legal Compliance:
- Identify legal risk and timely provide legal advice to Excom and propose appropriate courses of action that should be taken
- Provide updates on new laws and regulations to Excom members/function head and evaluate the impact, if any, such new laws and regulations have on the business
- Develop compliance and regulatory charts on laws, regulations, and required licenses/permits relevant to the business
- Provide updates on legal requirements and their implications for the business through regular meetings with key managers
- Provide updates on PepsiCo compliance policies and communicate any changes to the business
- Recommend corrective actions to the business on compliance matters, as relevant and necessary
- Be a member of the CEC and assist in resolving Speak Up cases in accordance within deadlines set by the Regional.
- Improve process:
- Manage legal process and risk by issuing standard operating procedure/working instruction.
- Work together with business to implement a formal approval process for review of all advertising, marketing, and labelling claims, and to assess compliance with PepsiCo policies and local laws
- Lead legal registration/extension process of new branch/ office/ plant/product/brand.
- Handle any other day to day legal matters relating to foods business
- Liaise with external law firm to follow up & review progress of outstanding litigation
- Manage external lawyers
- Conduct training: Conduct training as required by AMEA Legal, such as:
- Contract signing procedure
- Advertising & marketing
- Other responsibilities
- Ad hoc legal projects/assignments as requested from the GM
- Chief of staff of Crisis Management Team
- A graduate-degree caliber, experienced Legal professional with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience, preferably within the FMCG sector
- Have solid knowledge of Vietnam laws/regulations, and be able to contribute strategically to the growth of the business
- Have experience in contract, employment, intellectual property and commercial law
- Ability to be analytical and influential is highly preferred, as is having proven negotiation and complex problem solving skills.
- Be highly attentive to details and be able to see the “big picture”.
- Be professional
- Have excellent English and Vietnamese written and verbal communication skills
About PepsiCo Foods Vietnam
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for
PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate.
In recognition of its continued sustainability efforts, PepsiCo was named for the sixth time to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and for the seventh time to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America) in 20012.