Manager, New Business & Underwriting - R-0008987
- FWD Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 3000 Competitive
- Posted: 16 Apr 2021
How far out of the box are you willing to step up? At FWD Vietnam we offer unique opportunities within the insurance industry that are supported by an attractive rewards and recognition scheme.
The Manager, Underwriting is responsible for:
- Managing underwriting for the company, to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency and customer-centricity.
- Following the standard of underwriting from Group and re-insurers, contribute to manage claim experience for the company
- Incorporating with Sales Force to educate, support for sales process along with relevant stakeholders.
- To manage UW activities within the department leading the team to reach department’s objectives and support company’s goals.
- To classify life and health risks, initiate risks assessment, and make underwriting decision on the risks in compliance with the company underwriting guidelines and procedures.
- To work with re-insurers and financial underwriting committees on cases referral and underwriting guidelines, new product set up
- To build up UW panel clinics/doctors networks.
- To handle enquiries/complaints from Life Planner and customers on application for insurance and underwriting decision matters.
- To lead User requirement and the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to implement or enhance NBU system/report.
- To keep reviewing and enhancing NBU systems/ procedures/ guidelines/ letters/ templates to improve the accuracy, productivity and customer services.
- To manage NBU reporting and auditing.
- To build up NBU training programs, prepare training materials and conduct training courses to agency force.
- To conduct NBU-related topics and health-related topics in customers and Life Planners’ seminars.
- To train, coach and provide guidance to NBU staffs and routinely review/check-in to manage staffs performance + upgrade UW authority
- Take part in projects and carry out ad-hoc tasks as assigned by line manager.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
- Insurance or medicine graduated; medical background is preferred
- 5-year experienced in life insurance, underwriting and/or claims; and
- 2-year experienced in management level
- LOMA course qualification is preferred.
- Experience in managing, analyzing, enhancing NBU systems/data/reports is preferred
- Proficient in English and Vietnamese
- Knowledgeable in computer software and skillful in computer system usage, data analysis/statistic/reporting
- Strongly skillful in communications and negotiations
- Effective management skills
- Highly committed, well organized, pro-active, innovative, honest, integrity, thorough, persevere and diligent
- Able to deliver works under tight deadlines and heavy pressures
About FWD Vietnam
FWD Vietnam aims to provide customer-led insurance coverage, including life insurance, personal accident, critical illness, and health-focused products. Along with ABBANK, our bank partner, we deliver a fresh customer experience and provide quality services nationwide in Vietnam.