- DBS Bank , singapore - Singapore
- 7000 Competitive
- Posted: 08 Aug 2019
- We’re looking for effervescent proponents of our vision who are driven to understand the impact of technology across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
- Based in Singapore, you’ll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch. As part of the delivery and governance in Wealth Technology you will be part of the strategic transformation programme which is engaging in UX, design thinking, Agile, cloud technologies, microservices and Big Data.
- Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Design, develop and support mobile platforms utilizing the latest tooling for Android
- Understand end-user requirements and use cases and translate into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Look at solving problems from First Principles using sound engineering skills
- Work on multiple deadlines related to new project initiatives and existing application enhancements
- More than 8 years of software engineering experience, with great exposure in Mobile app development using Java and/or Kotlin
- Strong experience integrating HTML into applications and understanding of the design considerations imposed by less reliable networks
- Strong experience in managing a mid and large scale team (offshore and onshore)
- Good sense of creativity and innovation
- Strong experience in evaluating expandable and reliable REST-ful interfaces
- Strong experience with SQL and on device cache architectures
- Strong experience with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding mobile applications
- Strong experience with migrating and adapting existing web/mobile applications to Mobile platforms
- Understanding code versioning tools such as Git, SVN
- Proficiency in OOP and software design knowledge, know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Willingness to learn new technologies if needed;
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
About DBS Bank
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia with a presence in 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia.
Recognised for its global leadership, DBS has been named “Global Bank of the Year” by The Banker and “Best Bank in the World” by Global Finance. The bank is at the forefront of leveraging digital technology to shape the future of banking, having been named “World’s Best Digital Bank” by Euromoney. In addition, DBS has been accorded the “Safest Bank in Asia” award by Global Finance for ten consecutive years from 2009 to 2018.
As a company of 27,000 innovators, we constantly challenge conventions and stereotypes of a traditional bank. Digital transformation pervades every part of the bank and our leaders inspire employees to challenge the status quo, innovate and reimagine banking. Employees are empowered with opportunities to experiment and come up with innovative solutions that will help transform customer experiences, so that they can ‘Live more, Bank less’.
Discover how you can live fulfilled at DBS – where you can be the best, be the change and be the difference.https://www.dbs.com/careers/default.page