Quality Assurance Leader
- Source of Asia , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 600 Competitive
- Posted: 06 Sep 2019
- Manage the QA process for purchased finished product sourced from SE Asia. Partner with Sourcing and Supply Chain to ensure that sourced products meet specifications. Network externally to identify and implement best practices for supplier quality.
- Manage the supplier qualification and management program, including corporate social responsibility, quality management, microbial management and Customs - Trade Partnership Against Terrorism in the Southeast Asia supply base.
- Negotiate and resolve issues with Supplier leadership. Effectively communicate product quality requirements to factory management/labor. Lead structured problem solving teams to identify root cause and implement permanent corrective actions in response to supplier quality issues.
- Provide input on the quality assurance plan for new products to the Staff QA Professional – New Products. Identify product quality risks throughout the product development process and communicate to product development team
- Provide coaching and guidance to managed suppliers on quality system development, tier 2 supplier development, problem solving, production test plans, in process QA/QC, regulatory testing and Crayola product technical requirements.
- Manage a team of up to 4 QA Engineer/Inspectors. Build the capability of the team through modeling, coaching, and requiring professional skills development.
- B.S. degree (or equivalent) in a technical discipline required. Engineering preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in quality assurance/manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, especially discernment and accountability, to develop a high performing team and influence colleagues.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to partner with cross functional team members.
- Proficient in use of structured problem solving and statistical analysis tools. Six Sigma certification (Black belt/Green belt) a plus.
- Ability to identify potential problems and define appropriate contingency plans to mitigate probability of occurrence.
- Ability to interpret product specifications and drawings.
- Proficiency in the use of laboratory and metrology equipment.
- Ability to interpret testing procedures and develop test reports based on findings.
- Good written and oral communication skills required, fluency in Vietnamese and English
About Source of Asia
Founded in 2007, Source of Asia is a company based in Vietnam, specializing in International Business Development in Southeast Asia.
'A LA CARTE SERVICES' TO MATCH ALL YOUR NEEDS
Within the context of globalization and commercial trade acceleration, Source of Asia is your ideal gateway to South-East Asia. SOA is structured to tailor each client individual needs, following four support activities:
- Distribution and Sales support
- Project Management and Country Representation
- Incubation Services
- Sourcing and Trading
With 15-year on-site experience, we built a wide network of experts, suppliers, distributors andhigh level connections, both within the private and public sector. Our hands-on team will provide you with a full range of operational services to thoroughly support your project.
OUR VIETNAMESE HEAD OFFICE: YOUR GATEWAY TO GROW IN THE FAST-DEVELOPING COUNTRIES OF SOUTH EAST ASIA - MYANMAR, LAO AND CAMBODIA
More and more sourcing and investment projects are established in Vietnam, an example being many Chinese factories progressively outsourcing to Vietnam!! Vietnam is the optimal base to expand in South East Asia due to business relationships, regional agreements and customs advantages between those countries. Therefore, our offices enable you to access to four countries and a market of 160 million inhabitants.
A QUALIFIED TEAM STANDING BY YOUR SIDE - CEO’s MESSAGE
“After a decade of experience in the Vietnamese production sector (factory setting-up and management, product development, project management, relationships with local authorities), we created our own company: Source of Asia. Our extensive experience is our main asset to implement your project in the specific environment of emerging countries. South-East Asia is a complex market with a lot of opportunities, let us help you seize them.”