(Senior) Commodity Sourcing Leader
- Faro Recruitment Vietnam , Ha Noi - Vietnam
- 1000 Competitive
- Posted: 16 Mar 2021
The (Senior) Commodity Sourcing Leader will demonstrate accountability for driving Sourcing priorities to meet Gas Power business objectives. In this role you will lead Country Strategic Sourcing initiatives to contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Drive Supplier development/ localization initiative to increase ‘Source from Country In-Country and for Globe’
- Drive In-Country market growth strategy to enhance localization requirements & enable ITO wins.
- Develop Country Market Intelligence to enable strategic sourcing decisions in best company’s best interest
- Aligning closely with global commodity leaders to identify and assess supplier capabilities, and measure and manage supplier performance
- Work closely with engineering, and sourcing quality engineers to ensure fulfillment and quality requirements are achieved
- Develop target panel suppliers to drive BCC spend in Country to meet global projects
- Lead the evaluation and selection of new suppliers, development of existing suppliers, and overall supplier management
- Negotiate lowest possible cost, T&C, while maintaining the highest quality of goods and services
- Interface with other GE business sourcing teams and participate in companywide strategic sourcing initiatives
- Develop technical and market expertise technical commodities (Electrical, Fabrication, Mechanical, OEM products)
*** Desired Characteristics
- Self-driven individual with positive attitude, passionate about Strategic Sourcing
- Prior experience in Supplier development in emerging countries –Is PLUS
- Prior sourcing experience in negotiating, identifying opportunities, selecting suppliers, sourcing strategy, and implementing contracts
- Understating /Knowledge of Supplier qualification, surveillance audits, first piece qualification, Localization, Supplier Audit –Is PLUS
- Clear understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 14001
- Process leadership experience such as CAP, Work Out, process improvement, or quality
- Working experience in the Energy industry/ Engineering /Technical sector –Is PLUS
- Skilled influencer with persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Soft Skills - Result oriented “Pioneer” behavior, Ability to work within multi-cultural teams
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in business or Engineering from accredited college or university
- Ability to work in English, in a global environment and matrix organization
- Good communication & influencing skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
*** Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in Sourcing or Procurement
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically /internationally, as required.
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English Languages (written and spoken)
About Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Faro Vietnam is a member of Faro Recruitment Group - the subsidiary of Outsourcing Inc., a leading outsourcing company in Japan.
With more than 10 years of establishment and operation, Faro Vietnam is recognized as a leading reputable human resources service provider in Vietnam.
Clients are satisfied with Faro Vietnam is not only due to the premier quality of services but also the added on support that are beyond than the scope of services they engaged.