Software Quality Assurance QA Engineer
- SAP LABS VIETNAM , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 600 Competitive
- Posted: 17 Nov 2017
1/ Team Purpose & Objectives
- The mission of the SAP HANA Delivery team is to bring innovations and corrections for the SAP HANA Platform to the customer.
- We plan releases, assure source code quality and ultimately transform the content of the SAP HANA source code repository into a release. Collaboration with various teams such as SAP HANA program- and product management, development, technical support as well as a vast amount of internal stakeholders that build their applications on top of the SAP HANA Platform is necessary to guarantee a release in quality and in time. As a part of the SAP HANA Core Development organization, we are not shy about getting into technical discussions with development or stakeholders.
- We are looking for candidates with a quality or software development profile to extend our SAP HANA Delivery team.
As a Quality Specialist in the SAP HANA Core team you will work in a cross-function team with colleagues from different areas and locations and with special focus to quality assurance and test related tasks within the SAP HANA product delivery process.
- Be accountable for the quality of the SAP HANA Platform source code
- Analyze, define, implement and execute quality and test related activities according to the quality and test strategy
- Assess test quality and –coverage, identify gaps and focus areas
- Rate test results and give release recommendations
- Ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, and improvement of testing processes
- Live innovative thinking, identify opportunities and drive innovation
1/ Required Skills and Experience:
- University degree in computer science, engineering or related area
- Background as a software quality engineer or -developer, ideally in a large-scale software project
- Very good analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic programming skills, ideally with Python and SQL
- Experience with version control systems (such as Subversion, Git), code review tools (such as Gerrit), bug tracking tools (such as Bugzilla, Jira) and continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins, Mesos)
- A tester’s eye/Accurate work attitude with an attentive eye for details
- Good English language skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work well in a distributed team over several international locations
2/ A plus will be skills in
- Knowledge of DB architecture
- Expertise in Linux or Unix
- Knowledge of the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts
- Experience in dealing with customers and handling customer issues
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
About SAP LABS VIETNAM
As the market leader in enterprise application software, SAP is at the center of today’s business and technology revolution. SAP helps you streamline your processes, giving you the ability to use live data to predict customer trends – live and in the moment. Across your entire business. When you run live, you run simple with SAP.