Nguyen Tien Dung (Jimmy)
Director, Executive Management| Business Development| Operations| Retail
Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
JOIN Anphabe to know more about Nguyen Tien Dung (Jimmy)
- See who you and Nguyen Tien Dung (Jimmy) know in common
- Follow Nguyen Tien Dung (Jimmy)'s online activities
- Contact Nguyen Tien Dung (Jimmy) directly
And be part of Vietnam largest community for business leaders & experts
Not this Nguyen Tien Dung (Jimmy)? View more »
Current:Independent Senior Consultant & Advisor/ Retail, Lifestyle & Consumer Goods| Services at Management Consulting
- Operations Director at VienthongA
- National Sales Manager at THEFACESHOP Vietnam (VIET LOTUS)
- Chief Operations Officer (COO) at VIEN THONG A
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at HB (Holding Business) Group (Subsidiary Company: HB CMC)
- Business Development Director at HB (Holding Business) Group (Mother Company: HB Trading & Investment JSC)
- Assistant Chairman at HB (Holding Business) Group (Subsidiary Company: Alexandra & Sofia Group)
- National Sales Director at Masan Trading Corporation, currently named as Masan Consumer (MASAN Group)
- Management Trainee/ Market Research Manager at METRO Cash & Carry Vietnam
- Asst. Brand Manager/ Sales Sup./ Sales Rep at Unilever Vietnam
- Business School-NEU, Vietnam
- Danang Foreign Languages University, Vietnam
(1) Over 22 years seasoned-experienced in different business sectors;
(2) Being ambitious at goals, aggressive at action, result-oriented; entrepreneurship-oriented;
(3) Being a start-up leader who had mostly joined the multi-national and local leading companies from scratch as well as had won the tough challenges in various positions;
(4) Having proven track record of progress from junior to senior and top management positions;
(5) Nearly 3 years of living and working in Moscow as the one of the Board members for a key player of Instant Foods in Russia;
(6) Completing an Executive MBA Program.
Please see the below details of my work history.
You can also refer to this link: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimmydung
Thank you for your kind interest in my profile.
Industries:FMCG - Household / Personal Care, Retail/Wholesale/Distributor, Fashion/Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Specialities:- Profit & Loss Management;
- Business Development;
- Sales and Distribution Management;
- Operations Management;
- Retail Management;
- Customer Marketing and Services Management;
- General Management.
- Using Balanced Scorecard as a tool of strategic performance management.
Job Level:C-level (CEO, CFO, CTO, President, etc.)
Independent Senior Consultant & Advisor/ Retail, Lifestyle & Consumer Goods| Services
Management ConsultingJanuary 2011 - Present (7 years 3 months)
- Being a Senior Consultant & Advisor who handles Management Consulting Projects at SMEs (Small & Medium Sized Enterprises) in Vietnam;
- Being a Council Member of the GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group), USA;
- Being an Executive Forum member of the CRG (Coleman Research Group), USA.
- Handling the CEO position to lead restructuring a Fashion Retail Company.
- Handling the Deputy CEO position, Business Development to join restructuring a well-known building materials Company.
VienthongAJune 2015 - May 2016 (11 months)
VienthongA is a leading retailer of mobile devices| hi-tech products (smartphone, mobile phone, tablet, laptop, mobile contents....and value-added services) in Vietnam, which has a strategic shareholder from Japan - TD Mobile Corporation.
- Being a top management key member of the Company.
- Managing business operations and development strategy.
- Being responsible for the Profit & Loss of the Chain-stores in nationwide of Vietnam.
- Managing a large-sized retail business and thousands of employee.
National Sales Manager
THEFACESHOP Vietnam (VIET LOTUS)November 2012 - February 2014 (1 year 3 months)
- Being the one of the top management board's key members.
- Managing Vietnam Sales operations including THEFACESHOP Cosmetics retail chain-stores and GT distribution channel.
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
VIEN THONG A Retail/Wholesale/DistributorOctober 2009 - January 2011 (1 year 3 months)
Vien Thong A (VTA) is a leading retailer of mobile devices in Vietnam (the one of the top 500 largest enterprises in Vietnam); No. of employee: >1500; Annual Revenue size: >US$ 100 Mil.
The COO is responsible for all of the business operations, for both development strategy and day-to-day operations management as well as the Profit & Loss of the chain-stores in nation-wide of Vietnam including 04 departments:
1) Chain-stores: Sales, Customer Services & Care, Store Management.
2) Repair & Warranty Services.
3) Chain Expansion & Infrastructure/ Facilities Management.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
HB (Holding Business) Group (Subsidiary Company: HB CMC) Retail/Wholesale/DistributorMarch 2008 - July 2008 (4 months)
Handling the project of investment in Retail chain of construction materials and managing the whole company's business performance as a legal representative.
Business Development Director
HB (Holding Business) Group (Mother Company: HB Trading & Investment JSC) Multi-categories/OtherApril 2007 - February 2008 (10 months)
- Handling the project of investment in Retail chain of construction materials in Vietnam that was started from the North;
- Being responsible for profit and loss of the retail chain.
HB (Holding Business) Group (Subsidiary Company: Alexandra & Sofia Group)October 2004 - March 2007 (2 years 5 months)
Being the Board of Directors member, involving in the corporate business performance and development strategy.
National Sales Director
Masan Trading Corporation, currently named as Masan Consumer (MASAN Group)August 2002 - April 2004 (1 year 8 months)
- Setting-up the sales department;
- Managing the distribution strategy for both of modern & general trade channels in nation-wide of Vietnam.
- Joining in building-up CHIN-SU Food brand successfully.
Management Trainee/ Market Research Manager
METRO Cash & Carry Vietnam Retail/Wholesale/DistributorJuly 2001 - December 2001 (5 months)
- Being a Management Trainee;
- Being assigned as a Market Research Manager who handles market study projects of METRO Cash & Carry Vietnam.
Asst. Brand Manager/ Sales Sup./ Sales Rep
Unilever Vietnam FMCG - Household / Personal CareMay 1996 - June 2001 (5 years 2 months)
- Being a Sales Rep who was in charge of setting-up distribution network at a province, then after over half of year was promoted to a Sales Supervisor who was in charge of some provinces in the Central region of Vietnam;
- After 4 years dedicating in Sales, was seconded and appointed to Marketing as an Assistant Brand Manager of 2 brands: VISO & COMFORT;
- Successfully launching new COMFORT Fabric Softener for sensitive skin (Comfort white).
Business School-NEU (Vietnam)
MBA , Marketing2007 - 2009
Danang Foreign Languages University (Vietnam)
Bachelors , Russian & English1991 - 1995
Hobbies and Interests:- Enjoying hi-tech, mobile and digital devices| applications & software| smartphones.
- Friendship & Business Networking.
- Learning & Development.
- Watching TV, Kung Fu & Action Movies.
- Enjoying Fashion, Beauty care, Heath care.
- Travelling & communicating with people.