Current:Head of Fundraising at Association of Vietnamese Students and Professionals in the Greater Boston area
- Coach (Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program) at Babson College
- Advanced Business Development, Enterprise Storage Division at EMC
- Equity Analyst at OTR Global
- Research Assistant at Stephen D. Cutler Center for Investments and Finance
- Credit Analyst at Wellington Management
- Portfolio Manager ( Basic Materials & Energy Sector Portfolio) at Babson College Fund
- Energy Research Associate at McDep LLC
- Financial Consultant at Fujitsu
- Trader at Babson Trading Team
- Founder and Vice Chairman at The Resolution Institute
- Founder and Executive Vice President of Sales at Beaver Weaver
- Financial Analyst at Amanda Foods(Singapore)
- Interpreter at Institute of International Education
- Boston College - Carroll School of Management
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Babson College
- Saigon South International School
As a graduate of Babson College's Honors Program, I concentrated on Investments and Philosophy for my degree. My Honors dissertation was awarded with the topic: "Benefits, Costs and Feasibility of a Monetary Union for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)." This thesis was supervised by Professor Frederic Chartier of the Economics Department and was later selected to be published in the Michigan Journal of Business.
Besides school, I started working part-time since my freshman year, including an internship at McDep LLC, an independent equity research firm focusing on global integrated and independent oil and gas companies. During the summer of 2010, I interned as a Credit Analyst at Wellington Management International in London, covering UK and Nordic banks.
Since May of 2010, I served as a Babson Endowment Fund manager covering the Basic Materials and Energy sectors. My tenure ended early May of 2011 and, along with twenty one other student managers, outperformed the S&P 500 by 140 bps. Afterwards, I interned as a Sales and Trading, Equity analyst at OTR Global, a boutique research and brokerage firm based in New York.
Most recently, I worked for EMC's Enterprise Storage Division's Business Development team, focusing on potential mergers, acquisitions or partnerships for the group. At the moment, I am a candidate for Master of Finance at Boston College Carroll School of Management.
My other interests include international relations, politics, traveling, table tennis, swimming and strategic war games.
I also maintain a blog, which simply is a collection of my philosophical works and thoughts: http://lifeanditsbeauty.blogspot.com/
Specialties: Equity Valuation, Research, Consulting, Portfolio and Wealth Management.
Head of Fundraising
Association of Vietnamese Students and Professionals in the Greater Boston areaApril 2013 - Present (10 years 8 months)
Coach (Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program)
Babson CollegeMarch 2013 - Present (10 years 9 months)
Advanced Business Development, Enterprise Storage Division
EMCJuly 2012 - January 2013 (6 months)
OTR GlobalJune 2011 - August 2011 (2 months)
Stephen D. Cutler Center for Investments and FinanceSeptember 2010 - May 2011 (8 months)
Wellington ManagementJune 2010 - July 2010 (1 month)
Portfolio Manager ( Basic Materials & Energy Sector Portfolio)
Babson College FundApril 2010 - April 2011 (1 year)
Energy Research Associate
McDep LLCJanuary 2010 - May 2010 (4 months)
FujitsuJanuary 2010 - May 2010 (4 months)
Babson Trading TeamOctober 2009 - February 2011 (1 year 4 months)
Founder and Vice Chairman
The Resolution InstituteOctober 2009 - May 2010 (7 months)
Founder and Executive Vice President of Sales
Beaver WeaverJanuary 2009 - May 2009 (4 months)
Amanda Foods(Singapore)July 2007 - August 2007 (1 month)
Institute of International EducationJune 2007 - June 2007 (1 month)
Boston College - Carroll School of Management
London School of Economics and Political Science
Saigon South International School