Duy An Le
Current:Supply Chain Manager at Yara VietNam Company
- Supply Manager at Syngenta Vietnam LTD
- Planning manager at Phonak Operation Center Vietnam
- Planning Manager at Sunghyun Vina
- Vice planning and investment director at Tan Tan foodstuff company
- Open University of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Open University HCMC, Vietnam
Specialities:Expert in supply chain function
Supply Chain Manager
Yara VietNam CompanyAugust 2014 - Present (8 years 2 months)
• Manage 3 direct reports.
• Development of the strategic plan, budget for all operational activities (planning, purchasing, import export, warehouse, customer services).
• Deliver agreed customer service (OTIF) levels.
• To coach, manage and motivate the supply team, ensure that the team provides the effective support services to all internal and external customers.
• Set KPIs for each section in operation function.
• Provide support and advice for other functions as appropriate.
• Participate and provide direction to local team in the setting, and monitor key result areas related to the annual budgeting process.
• Ensure the operations must be compliance with Global policies, Regional policies, company policies and VN laws relevant.
2. Import – export:
• Manage and execute third party agreements with Freight Forwarder, Import Brokers, Carrier, and Documentation Service Providers.
• Develop, implement and monitor KPI’s for Third Party Logistics Service Providers (3PLs).
• Work with Regional Mode Leader/SME to implement global/regional work processes, standards and operating discipline.
• Deliver the area of expertise in managing and support of business growth plan and logistics service requirements.
• Contribute logistics expertise by identifying, analyzing and measuring improvements to key processes and procedures.
• Add value to logistics work processes by participating in process improvement efforts through team activity and individual initiatives.
• Effectively contribute to the development of logistics plans in alignment with business requirement.
• Initiate and conduct appropriate trainings for process, systems, tools, methodology, and functional disciplines.
• Support compliance with import/export laws affecting the flow of materials, equipment, technology, and documentation cross borders.
• Develop Country Standards for key customs processes, i.e. Classification, valuations, FTA qualification, Handbooks, bonded warehouses and Transfer pricing, etc.
• Manage to translate changes in regulations to business impact for Yara in responsible country.
• Monitor changes in Rules and Procedures and inform key stakeholders
• Manage Customs enquiries, audits and investigations.
• Support Bonded warehouses, Free Trade Zone or any other duty optimizing and saving programs
• Third party compliance enforcement with maritime transportation standards and safety performance.
• Responsible for day to day managing of Yara Vietnam Limited import and export department as well as managing relations with im-ex partners.
• To manage, direct and maintain overall Customs Compliance Procedures to ensure Company is operating best practices related to entry release of merchandise and has knowledge of all areas of VN Customs Regulations, including Harmonized Tariff Schedule, FTA, and Export Regulations
• Lead on strategic under Trade & Customs issues.
3. Distribution safety:
• Enforce compliance with all Distribution Safety policies and provide training for relevant parties
• Determine optimal sourcing (which line will manufacture a product), monitor and track inventory by set acceptable ranges and ensure that inventory is maintained within them.
• Manage material requirement planning and production scheduling.
• Set target of safety stock policy for bulk, packaging materials and equipment.
• To manage constraints and achieve supply-planning objective by set inventory targets, determine net finished goods requirements (decide what finished goods to produce and what materials are required based on allocation plan, current inventory levels and targets).
• Approve all PR, PO internal and external or tolling manufacturing.
• Manage the return and control delivery and schedule from supplier.
• Member of supplier assessment team.
• Handle vendor complaint and supplier audit.
• Make sure to manage price of material or any potential increase the price to avoid big impact COGS (cost of goods sold).
6. Customer service:
• Ensure no lost sales due to inefficient supply chain or long lead times
• Reduce inventory at the allowable level
• Provide good support to other staff
• Developing customer service procedures, policies & standards
• Satisfy demand of customers
• Process orders, forms, applications and requests
• Handle and resolve customer complaints
• Order to Cash for CP and Seeds business.
7. Sales administration:
• Receive order from customer.
• Implement order to cash process.
• Tracking over debt and collect money from customers.
• To lead, manage 4 warehouses to ensure FIFO principles are respected.
• To ensure warehouse to allow the Safety and Regulatory Compliance is linked with the Yara Policy for Health, Safety and Environment protection.
• The overall responsibility for a warehouse or store lies with the store manager. To be competent the manager should understand and ensure:
o Safe handling of products into and out of the store and the maintenance of records relating to such movements
o Occupational health and safety of the operational staff
o Training of staff and personnel
o Maintenance of suitable storage conditions
o Protection of the environment
o Planning of emergency procedures
o Fire prevention and contact with authorities
• Maintain the physical inventory count procedures to make sure no variances.
9. Other projects in 2015:
• Lead and manage operation team in its contribution to the new product introductions (NPI) and phase – outs to ensure time-to-market targets.
• Leader on others project: Creeen Crop project.
- Coach and deploy the Operational excellent for planning, warehouse, customer service, import export function
10. Safety Management: Increase warehouse safety talks / meeting from Weekly to Daily operational routine (e.g toolbox meeting). Implement safety committee (incl. Management) and monthly review meeting. In charge of Product Stewardship for Yara.
• Handling all Trading fertilizer process.
• Provide input to strategic focus areas on country or Business Unit.
• Provide shared services and input to Business Units on possible marketing initiatives.
• Sales forecasts based on trends, competitive environment, last period’s sales per customer, order book, and customer dialogues.
• Set prices in line with central guidance and in addition take into consideration end customer benefit, competitor price levels, competitor positioning, actual and replacement costs of products, stock situation and transportation costs.
• Achieve target 30k tons NPK in 2016.
Syngenta Vietnam LTD Chemical/BiochemicalApril 2008 - December 2012 (4 years 9 months)
COST & CAPITAL
Deliver against the agreed Supply Budget, as part of the effort to reduce of cost by 31 Dec 2011.
Strive for service excellence beyond transactional deliverables thru improvement in inventory positioning and responsiveness, as part of the effort in “Drive Growth & Create Value” to gain customer preference by 31 Dec 2011
Embed FOUNDATION SAP in Planning to achieve seamless flow of information thru business systems connectivity, as part of the effort in “Drive Growth & Create Value” by 31 Dec 2011.
Conform with all Toll-Manufacturing Operational requirements thru simplifying, standardizing and harmonizing work processes and procedures, as part of the effort in meeting regulatory compliance and safety requirements by 31 Dec 2011.
Enhance the departmental staff competence and efficiencies and career planning thru carrying out training needs analyses, identify training programs and map career progression path, as part of the global effort in promoting people development program by 31 Dec 2011.
Phonak Operation Center VietnamApril 2006 - April 2008 (2 years)
Sunghyun Vina FMCG - Household / Personal CareFebruary 2004 - April 2006 (2 years 2 months)
Vice planning and investment director
Tan Tan foodstuff company Food/Beverage/DairyAugust 1998 - January 2004 (5 years 6 months)
Open University of Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
Bachelors , Business administration1993 - 1997
Open University HCMC (Vietnam)
Bachelors , Business Administration1993 - 1997Activities and Societies:Supply Chain Accademy (Accenture Institution).
Groups and Associations:Oto saigon
Honors and Awards:Syngenta award 2008,2009,2010
Certificate of appreciation for contribution to enabling the business of Agriculture 2016 (Word bank group)