Current:VP Communications at Dawlance
- Business Unit Head at B.E.International - Qatar
- Group General Manager at C&T Group - Cambodia
- Head of Buying & Programming at Group M - Pakistan
- Manager Marketing at Evernew Entertainment - Pakistan
- Hamdard University, Pakistan
- Hamdard University, Pakistan
A marketing specialist, He is a person who takes his work as a responsibility rather than a job. He is passionate about communications and firmly believes in achieving objectives through a balanced combination of leadership and team work.
During his career, Nabeel has been able to maintain his rapport as a Result oriented, ethical and energetic professional. With his innovative and courageous approach, he has contributed significantly in the organizations' bottom line. He is computer savvy and has used technology successfully to improve productivity.
Vice President Communications at Dawlance Group of Companies – July 2009 till date
Dawlance is the largest Home Appliances brand in Pakistan with an annual turnover of Rs. 25 billion. Dawlance is the market leader having a 50% + market share of the overall home appliances industry in Pakistan. The Group comprises of 03 state-of-the-art production facilities in Pakistan catering to the local as well as International Market. Exporting to countries as Dawlance (and as OEM), Dawlance enjoys a reputable share in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Libya, Nigeria, Sudan, Kuwait, Iran and Iraq. Heading the Marketing & Communication Department, responsibilities and achievements include;
• Developing Strategy & execution of integrated Brand campaign plans with recommended media mix and timing.
• Participating in the development of annual MARCOM plans, Annual Operating plans & Generation plans for all Categories i.e. Refrigerators, Air-Conditioners, Microwave Ovens, Freezers and Washing Machines
• Being the Focal point for external partners & acting as liaison for all communication partners including creative agency, media agency, Brand teams & research.
• Product Development & Management translating into an exceptional communication drive backed by periodic researches to cater to the un-met needs of the consumers
• Team leader in developing the largest private owned home appliance retail outlets in Pakistan under the brand name of ‘Electric City’ (2200 privately owned outlets and increasing)
• Extending marketing support to exporting countries and devising strategies for expanding business in these markets in consultation with the local partners. Achievements include an overall increase in sales volume by 28%.
• Owning the consumer engagement budgets for both offline and online media.
• From the P&L to the product’s stock inventory, managing cross departmental functions.
• Involved in the designing, pricing and distribution strategies for all categories
• Leading agencies in development & execution of communication plans with heavy emphasis on creative development and media planning.
• Liaison with research department for consumer insights and develop learning plan for target insights and ongoing communications tracking.
• Leading planning and strategy for Dawlance brand in Pakistan and extending support into exporting regions
• Managing and supervising all creative elements for enhancing the brand values of the product categories i.e. Refrigerators, Chest & Vertical Freezers, Microwave Ovens, Split Air-Conditioners & Washing Machines (Semi-Automatic & Fully Automatic Washing Machines)
With a team comprising of 05 category managers, a research department and a communications team, the brand elevation consists of;
• Dawlance was voted 7th most favorite brand in Pakistan (out of 3500+ brands) (Source: MEMRB Research 2009-2010)
• Dawlance was voted as the 2nd most favorite brand in Pakistan (Source: AC Nielson Research on top brand of Pakistan 2011)
• Highest market share in 3 (out of 5 categories) (Source: GFK Retail Audit 2009-2010)
• Increased the market share in exporting countries in terms of sales volume by 28%.
• Explored and developed the entire channel sales in Sri-Lanka, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Business Unit Head at B. E. International Qatar Oct. 2008 to July 2009
Group General Manager at C&T Group – Cambodia, China, Laos & Vietnam May 2006 to Sept. 2008
Head of Buying and Programming at Group M – Pakistan Aug. 2002 to May 2006
Manager Marketing at Evernew Entertainment (Pvt.) Ltd. – Pakistan March 2000 to July 2002
Master of Business Administration (Marketing) 2000
Hamdard Institute of Management Science, Hamdard University
Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing) 1999
Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences, Hamdard University
Industries:Telecommunications, FMCG - Household / Personal Care
Specialities:Integrated Marketing Services, Media Management, PR, Marketing Communications, Brand Management
Job Level:Vice-President/Senior Vice-President
DawlanceJuly 2009 - Present (13 years 4 months)
Business Unit Head
B.E.International - QatarOctober 2008 - July 2009 (9 months)
Group General Manager
C&T Group - CambodiaMay 2006 - September 2008 (2 years 4 months)
Head of Buying & Programming
Group M - PakistanAugust 2002 - May 2006 (3 years 10 months)
Evernew Entertainment - PakistanMarch 2000 - July 2002 (2 years 4 months)