Current:Business Development Director at DUN & BRADSTREET VIETNAM LLC (Dun & Bradstreet is ranked No#1 in the Financial Services category of Fortune 500)
- Research and Business Development Team Leader at ACORN MARKET RESEARCH & CONSULTANTS
- Management Trainee at KINDERWORLD VIETNAM LLC
- Executive at IBM VIETNAM - Global Delivery Center (GDC)
- Executive Assistant to General Director at NGHIA HIEU CO. LTD
- Quality Controller (QC) at TAILOR NELSON SOFRES (TNS) VIETNAM
- Hanoi School of Business (HSB), Vietnam
- Danang University of Economics, Vietnam
- Though years of experience in business development/ sales & marketing, I have developed a wide and strong network with 3,000+ Multinational companies in Vietnam, local and foreign Business Associations and Chambers, as well as big local corporations and local exporters in Vietnam.
- I am highly motivated, professional in work approach, focused and able to deal with different types of company.
- I am diplomatic and tactful to deal with customers, partners, co-investor, consultants, suppliers and to staff.
- I have the ability to develop and lead implementation of strategies and tactics to grow the business in line with the organization’s strategies and goals.
- I have the ability to develop strategic business development plan for the company, direct and manage execution with the team to obtain the company’s goal.
- I also have experience and good sense of market insights, and thus to drive the business development and company’s competitive advantage towards the right fit in the market.
- As business development director, I also have the ability to open new markets to accelerate the business growth.
Specialities:- I have 9 years of experience, in which 7 years in sales/business development and 4 years of which are at managerial level.
- My expertise are in Financial Services, especially area of commercial insights, investment, insurance, and a good sense of banking industry.
Business Development Director
DUN & BRADSTREET VIETNAM LLC (Dun & Bradstreet is ranked No#1 in the Financial Services category of Fortune 500)February 2010 - Present (13 years)
- Develop and lead implementation of strategies and tactics to grow the Vietnam core business, in line with the organization’s strategies and goals.
- Develop sales planning and strategy on the assigned segments with reference to market opportunities, competitive environment and regulatory landscape
- Identify new markets, products and business opportunities for the Vietnam business and accelerate the growth of D&B Vietnam.
- Lead implementation of local business and support function strategies and plans in Vietnam, in collaboration with regional business and support function heads, ensuring tracking of progress and effectiveness of implementation
Research and Business Development Team Leader
ACORN MARKET RESEARCH & CONSULTANTSFebruary 2009 - December 2009 (10 months)
- Sales and business development
- Project planning and execution based on customer requirement and expected outcome of the research
- Manage supporting team from the 3 key functions on project-basic, including: field work (data collection) team, data analysis team, research team.
- Provide proper training and coaching to interviewer on quantitative research projects.
- Evaluate and analyze research outcome to come up with market intelligence conclusion and suggestions to customers for critical business decision.
KINDERWORLD VIETNAM LLCJanuary 2008 - January 2009 (1 year)
- Develop the planning and execution of marketing and PR activities, so as to accelerate sales growth (ie. enrollment)
- Support the Board of Management in business expansion (where to open the new branch, project timing monitor with respective shareholders, financial feasibility study and evaluation)
- Competition analysis within international education schools in Vietnam
IBM VIETNAM - Global Delivery Center (GDC)June 2007 - December 2007 (6 months)
- Coordinate with Global Delivery Center in Bangalore (India) in handling records to fulfill the delivery of IT services to IBM’s clients all over the world.
- Assist managers to monitor input/output of goods/services volume and category
Executive Assistant to General Director
NGHIA HIEU CO. LTDJanuary 2006 - June 2007 (1 year 5 months)
- Assist GD in meeting and negotiation with key distributors/partners and key accounts.
- Support company’s restructuring & resource allocation
- Prepare business planning 2006-2010 in consultation and direction of GD, and present the proposal on behalf of Nghia Hieu in front of Senior Board of Director of Exxon Mobil Vietnam and regional office (in Singapore) to be appointed as Strategic Distributor of ExxonMobil in the Central region of Vietnam
Quality Controller (QC)
TAILOR NELSON SOFRES (TNS) VIETNAMJanuary 2004 - December 2005 (1 year 11 months)
- Manage the quality of Quantitative Market Research project
- Evaluate the performance of interviewer based on given KPIs.
- Provide proper training and coaching to interviewer on project basic
Hanoi School of Business (HSB) (Vietnam)
MBA , Business Administration2008 - 2010
- Granted full scholarship (tuition & accommodation fee)
- Excellent graduated
Activities and Societies:- I am the Chair of the HSB-MBA intake 6.
Danang University of Economics (Vietnam)
Bachelors , International Trade & Business Administration2003 - 2007
- Excellent graduated
- Granted an award of top 10 excellent students of the Danang University (which consists of 4 universities in Danang, and the Danang Universities of Economics is one among such).Activities and Societies:- Vice president of the Green Dream Club
- Head of Secretariat of the Youth Union
- Facilitator of the Oxbridge Cultural Exchange Program (OCEP) 2006
Institute of Potential Leader (IPL)
- IPL sets the goals of developing Vietnam’s future business leaders by providing a rigorous, international business training program to a selected group of youth with the most leadership potential. - Ultimately, IPL will not only develop these youth into talented leaders, but also purposeful leaders of the future
Professional Skill Development program
- Facilitated by Ms Kathy Lang – Australian Youth Ambassadors for Development - Training on Communication Skill, Negotiation Skill, Problem-Solving Skill and Project Management Skill.
Groups and Associations:1. The American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM)
2. Institute of Potential Leader (www.ipl.edu.vn)
Honors and Awards:1. Award the prize by Dun & Bradstreet APP for senior managers who demonstrates a strong leadership and has significant contribution to the Organization. Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) is the world leading provider of business and commercial insights with offices in 220 countries. (March, 2013)
2. Full scholarship (out of 35 grants) offered by the Institute of Potential Leader (IPL) – Intake #1 (July, 2009)
IPL is a not-for-profit educational institution founded by the hearts and minds of dedicated entrepreneurs, intellectuals, and the PACE Institute of Management.
IPL sets the goals of developing Vietnam’s future business leaders by providing a rigorous, international business training program to a selected group of youth with the most leadership potential. Ultimately, IPL will not only develop these youth into talented leaders, but also purposeful leaders of the future. (www.ipl.edu.vn)
3. Golden Prize of “Lighting young business talents” (September, 2007)
- Organized by Hanoi School of Business in cooperation with Vietnam Young Entrepreneur Association and Vietnam Television (VTV)
4. Vietnam Innovation Day 2006 (June, 2006)
- Awarded a 10,000$ prize with the project “For a green dream of the disabled”
- Organized by World Bank, the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam, and the International Labour Organization (ILO)
5. Participation in YOUNG GLOBAL CITIZEN PROGRAM (YGCP) (January, 2006)
- I was selected among 10 young Vietnamese to participate in YGCP
- Training on social networking and professional skill set for young global citizens.
- Conducted by British Council with the participation of representatives from United Kingdom, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
- Held at the Eden Nature Park and Resort, Davao city, the Philippines