Phan Thị Thủy
Current:Plant Controller/Accounting Manager at Branch of Weatherford Vietnam LLC in VSIP II
- Senior Cost accountant- Industrial accountant at PHILIPS ELECTRONIC VIETNAM COMPANY LTD
- Account receivable and cost accountant at PAXAR VIETNAM CO., LTD
- General account at ALBETTA INTERNATIONAL LTD., (VN)
- The team leader of costing account at THANG LOI TEXTILE AND GARMENT COMPANY
- University of Social Science and Humanity - HCMC, Vietnam
- HCMC ECONOMIC UNIVERSITY
Accounting professional with 20 years experience in month end close, cost control, financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and problem solving. Proven ability to build and develop high performance teams. Highly flexible, easily adaptable to all kinds of environment. Exceeded all performance goals to date. Can working with many accounting software:Oracle, JDE, Fast,Bravo,Misa
Specialities:Have experience with VAT refund and working with tax authority
Plant Controller/Accounting Manager
Branch of Weatherford Vietnam LLC in VSIP IIMay 2010 - June 2019 (9 years 3 months)
1. Financial & Accounting Reporting – Tax & Statutory reporting
• Responsible for quarterly VAT Commentary as schedule from Region.
• Responsible for weekly cash flow forecast and planning.
• Responsible for preparing LTF monthly & analysis variance as schedule from Global Manufacturing Controller.
• Maintain, review and reconcile all account & journals books.
• Make sure that all aspects of our financial dealings from VAT to customs / duties are managed and documentation kept and submitted on time.
• Accounting groups accrue revenue and costs accurately each month. Steps should be taken to avoid incidences of significant or material out of period items.
• Provide Leadership for the financial forecasts and annual budget process. Provide clear communication to all concerned of our expectations and targets.
• Responsible for year-end audit and liaising with the external auditors on accounting procedures and records
• Oversees & manage VAT report to ensure submit on time as schedule from Vietnam Tax authority.
• Prepare financial disclosures, financial statements, and Tax Return quarterly & annual reports and provide annual audit working papers.
• Analyze key financial data and KPIs within the company, ensuring that managers receive timely, accurate and relevant information
• Ensure accounting activities comply with relevant legal, professional and ethical standards.
• Develop, manage and coach staff and team members in the finance team
2. Monitoring Inventory Transactions - Cost Matters & Manufacturing Accounting
• Manage manufacturing cost group personal and other activities.
• Integrity Inventory checking weekly and reconcile inventory monthly.
• Support manufacturing locations in understanding and resolving manufacturing accounting issues to improve accuracy of financial information.
• Calculated actual cost for Raw material / purchase parts & finished goods produced for VAS
3. Oversees and manages monthly operational and closure on inter-company
• Ensure, review and monitor monthly IC settlement prepared and confirmed by ICP timely. In accordance to IC settlement policy and timeline.
• Follow up on Cash Book reconcile for IC and ensure payments and receipt are applied timely every month.
• Ensure IC related journal entries are properly accounted and timely approved.
• To follow up on IC mismatches issues and resolve monthly IC mismatches with reference to IC policy. Follow up, resolve and review IC RNV.
4. Manages monthly operational and closure on AP - AR - Fixed assets
• Ensure all invoices are timely taken up and all liabilities are timely accrued in JDE system & Vietnamese Accounting Standards ( Misa)
• Follow up with Payment based on the credit term approved in the system. Updating changing information. Coordinate and communicate with Vendors & Weatherford entities.
• Ensure AP/AR processes are tight from control perspective and in compliance with local and global.
• Manages payable/ receivable accounting functions, ensuring completeness, accuracy, timeliness and compliance of booking and payments.
• Perform depreciation run monthly as schedule & JDE check integrity on Fixed Assets subsystem.
4. Treasury & Bank Accounts
• Prepare Payment Voucher for invoices overdue as payment term
• To process payment when payment is made in both JDE & Misa system to ensure the Bank are updated accurate and on time
• To responsible submit cash forecast report by end of Monday weekly
• To responsible check & approved all payment voucher before submit Bank remittance to the Bank.
Senior Cost accountant- Industrial accountant
PHILIPS ELECTRONIC VIETNAM COMPANY LTDDecember 2005 - May 2010 (4 years 6 months)
Preparation and book all transactions into system.
Collect Goods Receiving Voucher from WHs, PO/PR from PP Dept and Invoices from suppliers, checking and responsible for preparation of Payment Request
Preparation and recording of journal entries.
Accounting and reporting of financial information by product line at unit-level.
Separation of “overhead” costs for allocation purpose.
Indirect cost allocation setup, control and maintenance.
Development of cost and inventory accounting policies and procedures.
Maintenance of financial finished goods inventory ledgers
Valuation of inventories.
Financial support of physical inventory.
Costing of sales transfers and inventory adjustments.
Control price RM buying by Purchasing Dept.
Maintenance of standard costs and related overhead recovery.
Management reporting specific to cost analysis.
Performance of cost variance analysis (actual versus standard, etc.)
Addition/verification of capital appropriation numbers to input documents.
Collection of A/P vouches and other documentation required for asset setup
Preparation of input documents for additions, deletions, transfers and adjustments.
Management reporting specific to fixed assets
Maintenance of government depreciation schedules and rates.
Monthly calculating the depreciation Expenses.
Daily maintenance of cash receipt and cash disbursement accounts.
Analysis and review between budgets and Actual for each Dept.
Calculate financial impact for each QIC, Green Belt project
Budget control for industrial expenditure (manage petty cash, industrial expenses).
Monitoring industrial performance (expenses by dept, cost control…)
Business monitoring for industrial
INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM
Directly report to Financial controller
Account receivable and cost accountant
PAXAR VIETNAM CO., LTDJuly 2005 - October 2005 (3 months)
Create new customer, new cost on Oracle software.
Issued invoice. Manage all payments regarding the company.
Calculate the cost of goods.
Analyze income statement…..
ALBETTA INTERNATIONAL LTD., (VN)November 2004 - July 2005 (8 months)
Cost, Raw and working material accounting
Fixed assets accounting. Monthly calculating the depreciation Expenses.
Monthly calculating salary and VAT declaration.
Check processing contract (after product manager drawing in).
Selling expenses; General and Administrative expenses.
Analyze the records of company’s financial statement.
Prepare procedures and internal controls for all important accounting transactions and ensure these procedures are followed. Refer to file for current procedures and prepare or revise new procedures where necessary.
The team leader of costing account
THANG LOI TEXTILE AND GARMENT COMPANYDecember 1998 - October 2004 (5 years 11 months)
Make the costing and fixed assets accounting.
Calculate the depreciation Expenses per month.
Calculate and control the cost of unit per month.
Calculate the salary and V.A.T declaration per month.
Raw and working material accounting.
Selling expenses, General and Administrative expenses.
Extra and ordinary repairing accounting.
Keeping the general journal.
Analyze the records of company′ s financial statement.
Directly report to Chief Accountant and General Director.
University of Social Science and Humanity - HCMC (Vietnam)
Bachelors , English2001 - 2006
HCMC ECONOMIC UNIVERSITY
Bachelors , Accounting and Auditing1994 - 1998
Production Supervisor Training
Certificate of Chief Accountant
Certificate of Chief Accountant