Current:Subsea Design Engineer at GE Oil & Gas
- Technical Leader at Danieli Vietnam
- Machine Design Engineer at Danieli Viet Nam
- University of Technical Education, HCMC., Vietnam
I have had over 5 years working experience in mechanical field. As I have worked at oil and steel industry in my previous organizations, I have participated several projects as indicated in the below section
Industries:Mechanical, Oil/Gas/Energy, Industrial/Consumer Manufacturing
Specialities:Mechanical Engineering, Project management.
Job Level:Team Leader/Supervisor
Subsea Design Engineer
GE Oil & GasAugust 2013 - Present (7 years 2 months)
• Lead and coordinate design activities, establish functional and new drafting processes and product standardization templates, system / product definition, drawings, specifications, and BoMs using specific or establishing new design tools.
• Independently perform most design assignments.
• Responsible for the technical development of part of a job (requisition) or part of an NPI project.
• Ensure appropriate documentation (layout, spec, design assemblies / stack-up / specification studies, BoMs).
• Interface with Project Engineers, Design Engineers, Testing, Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing and component / system vendors.
• Coordinate and control the activities performed by external resources related to the assigned job.
• Ensure expected results in term of quality, execution time, and cost (within control).
• Use of design tools (such as 2D / 3D CAD, Excel, and in-house design calculations) to complete assigned works.
Danieli VietnamJanuary 2013 - July 2013 (6 months)
Develop the best scope of work & design and specification to complete project, as following:
• Discussed and communicated with the technical and process team in the other groups, offices to clarify the task / input in order to define the activities and workload for group
• Provision of scope of work, technical package and technical questionnaires for tendering process.
• Planning for manpower, material, tools and equipment
• Supervision of contractor works to ensure they meet the scope of work requirement.
• Developed and implemented concepts for project (basic design)
• Checked, approved drawing, issued engineering change order to fabrication
• Gave technical supports to the relevant departments during the period from design to installation
• Optimized the selection of products and systems to minimize the impact on our supply chain and manufacturing process to enable profitable execution
• Conducted and evaluated the detail designs & solutions in each project.
• Provision supports and supervision to the Project Engineer in preparations and review of the Project Work Scope, Technical package, technical questionnaires and scoring guidelines.
• Managing contractors, manpower resource, Cost and Schedule, Project Execution and QA/QC Plans and project organisation.
• Managing the engineering execution to deliver the project work scope in a safe and efficient manner.
• Posco Bar/Wire/Section (Korea)
• M-metal Thailand
Machine Design Engineer
Danieli Viet Nam MechanicalDecember 2010 - January 2013 (2 years 1 month)
• Made layouts, equipment arrangements, basic design drawings for equipment
• Chose material, have deep knowledge of industrial steel, metallurgical process for machine parts: annealing, hardening, nitriding, carbonizing…
• Followed up the study and the detail engineering mechanical drawings, assembly drawings + bill of materials for steel industrial machineries.
• Made 2D detail design drawings (AutoCAD, Inventor) for manufacturing/production; including mechanical detail drawings as well as systems, scheme for installation, shipment, …
• Made calculation, analysis, transmission, … (sometimes necessary) that are relative to the designing machines
• Coped with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, provide technical information /solve the problems coming from internal/external production.
• Trained software skills for new colleagues (Vault, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical Inventor)_Software Tutor
• Trained basic mechanical rules and guidelines for new colleagues _Design Tutor
• Phu My Flat Steel Factory (Vietnam)
• Hoa Phat Hanoi Steel Factory (Vietnam)
• Lo-Toun Steel ( Taiwan)
University of Technical Education, HCMC. (Vietnam)
Bachelor of Engineering , Mechanical Engineering2006 - 2010
Presentation skill (GE Oil & Gas Learning_GE-PSKL-Presentation)
Influencing skill (GE Oil & Gas Learning_GE-PSKL-Influencing)
GD&T Pro Trainer Fundamentals Complete Course (GE Aviation Learning_GET-ENG_GD&T_Fundamental)
ASME Geometric Dimension and Tolecrance
GD&T Pro Trainer ASME Practice Certification Test (GE Aviation Learning_GET-ENG_GD&T_Cert. Test )
GD&T Pro Trainer ASME Practice Certification Test
Virtual Team ( Harvard Managementor_GE-PSKL-HMM-VIRTUAL)
Virtual team working procedure
Team Leadership (Skillsoft Corporation_GE-PSKL-HMM-LEADING)
Time management ( Harvard Managementor_GE-PSKL-HMM-TIME )
Time management skills
Communication skill ( Skillsoft Corporation_GE-SS-cust_07_a02_bs_enus)
Communication skills for international working environment