Current:MIS Analyst / Database Specialist at Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (Cambodia)
- System Analyst for a national logistic management tool of ARV/OI drugs for NCHAD and referral hospitals. at National Center for HIV/AIDS • (NCHAD /ACTED-PSF)
- Reporting System Analyst and Database Designer at Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation / IOM /UNICEF
- Analyst and System Developer for the Labor Migration Information System (LMIS) at Ministry of Labor / IOM
- Consultant for the development of a National Juvenile Data Collecting System at Ministry of Justice / UNICEF
- Analyst, System Developer and System Maintainer for the national AHTJP database at Ministry of Interior
- Lecturer at University of Technology of Phnom Penh
- Teacher (Bachelor Degree in Computer Science) at Informatics School
- Teacher at Norton University
- Lecturer at Regent School of Business (Phnom Penh)
- High School Teacher at Descartes High School of Phnom Penh
- Consultant at Various Database Projects done as a freelancer
- Montmorency College, Canada
- Canada, Canada
- Montmorency College, Canada
Meticulous information System Analyst who undertakes complex assignment, meets tight deadline and delivers superior quality of information to decision makers. Possesses practical knowledge in database design, maintenance and user interfaces with multiple languages. Applies analytical skills to a wide spectrum of subjects: management, finance, biology, psychology, sociology and law. Examines in details information systems in terms of needs, consistency, limitations and accuracy. Operates with a strong sense of integrity and trustworthiness regarding confidentiality and security of data at government level.
Industries:IT - Software/E-commerce, Education/Training
Specialities:SQL • Knowledge of computer systems • Ability to work well in a multicultural team environment • Capacity to identify the client organization’s needs • Identify modifications needed in existing applications • Knowledge of business processes and an interest in improving efficiency • Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions • Drawing up plans for a modified or replacement IT system • Carrying out feasibility studies of proposals and making recommendations • Working closely with programmers and software developers to build a system • Project Management • Microsoft Project and Gannt charts
Job Level:Experienced (Non-manager)
MIS Analyst / Database Specialist
Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (Cambodia)July 2011 - November 2012 (1 year 4 months)
• Designed a comprehensive set of hardcopy forms (6) for collecting data from 150 institutions nationwide.
• Wrote logical and physical database descriptions including location, space, access method, and security.
• Conferred with coworkers to determine scope and limitations of project.
• Reviewed project request describing database user needs, estimating time and cost required to accomplish project.
• Reported on progress, deliverables and issues to senior management
• Led and briefed a team of 6 junior IT staff
• Developed training plan
System Analyst for a national logistic management tool of ARV/OI drugs for NCHAD and referral hospitals.
National Center for HIV/AIDS • (NCHAD /ACTED-PSF)June 2010 - June 2011 (1 year)
• Analyzed data requirements with flowcharts, data definitions, process definitions, reports requirements
• Validated internal processes for data exchange procedures
• Designed a logical data model with E/R diagrams
• Specified user and user access levels for each segment of database
• Brief NCHADS and other stakeholders on system’s specifications
Reporting System Analyst and Database Designer
Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation / IOM /UNICEFMarch 2008 - August 2009 (1 year 5 months)
• Reviewed existing information system
• Provided recommendations for data requirements and statistics
• Modified and simplified the existing ATRO database
• Coded new MS Access and VB.NET desktop applications for inputting data and for reporting
• Trained end-user staff and documented the major updates done on the new system
Analyst and System Developer for the Labor Migration Information System (LMIS)
Ministry of Labor / IOMMay 2007 - October 2007 (5 months)
The department of labor migration is responsible to comprehensive data on more than 5000 workers per year.
• Analyzed all stakeholder data needs and planed development phases
• Designed an MIS for monitoring 13 recruitment agencies and the working conditions of thousands Cambodian migrants.
• Designed a SQL Server database with the front end applications (MS.Access and VB.NET)
• Trained staff and documented the system
• Designed a set of 3 hardcopy forms and create 20 bilingual exportable reports (Khmer/English)
• Official statistics from the system are still in use as today
Consultant for the development of a National Juvenile Data Collecting System
Ministry of Justice / UNICEFMay 2006 - June 2007 (1 year 1 month)
• Reviewed of existing data collection systems at MoI and MoJ on judicial cases involving minors.
• Provided recommendations for data collection procedures with SOPs.
• Designed new forms based on experts recommendation and on local needs
• Analyzed court procedures for the improvement of data accuracy and data completeness on judicial cases involving minors
• Design a SQL Server database with an NET application
• Provided staff training, documentation and maintenance.
Analyst, System Developer and System Maintainer for the national AHTJP database
Ministry of InteriorOctober 2004 - January 2008 (3 years 4 months)
•Analyzed needs based on foreign criminal investigator expert and on local needs
•Designed SQL Server database, MS Access data entry application and VB.NET reporting engines.
•Trained staff, documented and maintained the system.
•Database implementation in more than 6 provinces and more than 30 officials were involved
•Assisting with statistics and trend analysis.
•Designed a set of 3 hardcopy forms and create 16 bilingual exportable reports (Khmer/English)
•Trained officials on basic computer skills
•Assisted the judicial police for processing seized computers for electronic evidences.
•Troubleshoot computers and network at the AHTJP Department
University of Technology of Phnom PenhFebruary 2004 - August 2005 (1 year 6 months)
Lecturer for the following courses:
• HTML Introduction • Program Design • Web Programming with ASP.NET • SQL Introduction for Database Programming •
E-Commerce • Database Administration
• 40 students per courses and created all material.
Teacher (Bachelor Degree in Computer Science)
Informatics SchoolFebruary 2003 - December 2003 (10 months)
Lecturer for the following courses of the Bachelor degree in Computer Science from Singapore:
•Computer & Information Processing • Program Design • Web Site Project and HTML
Norton UniversityJanuary 2003 - March 2003 (2 months)
Lecturer for the following course of the Master of Science in Computer Information Management
•Advanced Database. (45 students)
Regent School of Business (Phnom Penh)October 2002 - May 2003 (7 months)
Lecturer for the following courses of the Unitar Bachelor degree from Malaysia:
•Information Technology Fundamentals • Basic skills for Knowledge Worker • System Design & Analysis • Internet & Web Technologies • E-Commerce • Management Information System
High School Teacher
Descartes High School of Phnom PenhFebruary 2001 - May 2001 (3 months)
•Teaching Word, Excel, Access, Web Page Design and Photoshop. Groups of 25 students from ages 8 to 16 years old.
Various Database Projects done as a freelancerJanuary 2001 - January 2003 (2 years)
•Customs Department of Cambodia and International Monetary Fund: review for the data collecting system. Involved 4 remote sites with SQL Server 7 and Access 2000.
•International Organization for Migration (IOM): Medical database, report and statistics on 15000 demobilized soldiers. Database and application design, staff training and complete documentation done.
•Save the Children France: Training on database.
Montmorency College (Canada)
College , Computer Programming2000 - 2001
Bachelors , Psychology1995 - 1998
Montmorency College (Canada)
College , Humanities and Social Studies1993 - 1995
CompTIA Project+ covers the entire project life cycle, from initiation and planning through execution, acceptance, support and closure. It validates that project managers and team members have the classic project management skills to help them complete projects on time and within budget.
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
The Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) certification provides proof of your ability to design, implement, and manage SQL Server 2000 databases.