Current:Industrial Engineer at Pepperl+Fuchs (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.
- Industrial Engineer at Onsemiconductor
- Industrial Engineer Work-cell at JABIL VIETNAM CO. LTD
- Vietnam, Vietnam
Vietnam, even though in comparison with some the others in Asia, efficiency of factories is still low, not only local factories, but also in foreign-invested companies with hi-tech equipment.
I would like to work in lean and process improvement department, where I can study and apply lean & Industrial Engineering (IE) methods/tools to conduct the most efficient approach of production system.
Industries:Automotive/Auto Components, High Technology, Industrial/Consumer Manufacturing
o Worked in Lean projects built new lines in “flow” or “one piece flow” concept
o CIP activities:
- Scheduling plan, cut 70% inventory, reduce 1 day lead time, up yield 3%
- Kanban concept for “One piece flow” lines, material from warehouse direct to workstation
- Integrated sub-job to mainline so reduce headcount, WIP, workstation ; SMED of printer…
o Worked in team, designed layout of new factory in Dong Nai
o Direct responsibility of implement layout on real field
o Built time element data for capacity model
• JABIL: Accomplished IE’s responsibility in new work-cell transferred to Vietnam
Job Level:Experienced (Non-manager)
Pepperl+Fuchs (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.May 2013 - Present (6 years 4 months)
• Moderator improvement workshop: Work with members from other departments, organize & use lean method to guide discussion; collect, exchange & align different ideas from different department, make agreements between them for lean project solutions.
• Train operators lean awareness, for building initial lean mindset from operators, the one who direct work and make product
• Evaluate value stream mapping to improve process flow.
• Implement warehouse Kanban & production Kanban base on value stream mapping; implement internal logistic concept.
• SMED (single minute exchange of die): Analysis changeover process, reduce changeover time.
• Studied how to build up Kaizen system and maintain it: Organization/ improvement ideas evaluation procedure/evaluation ranking/evaluation form/encourage ideas method…
• Work in Lean Project:
o Basic analysis: Time study/process flow/spaghetti diagram/waste-improvement potential…
o Workplace optimize: Line balancing/identify tasks/motion study/ergonomic/standardize /5S
o Cardboard engineering: Design & simulate new workstation model by simple tools, materials
o Layout: Based on information from previous workshops, define criteria, design new layout options, compare options, select top layout; combine ideas to perfect top layout.
o Review result after implement project, continuous improve.
OnsemiconductorJuly 2011 - May 2013 (1 year 10 months)
• Production layout, design new production lines, or re-arrange layout to improve or re-layout when new requirements or change of production arise.
• Equipment/ Man Capacity Analysis: Build standard time for production. Calculate mix capacity of factory (our products include more than 100 models), make report show that could factory satisfy demands of customers or not, proposal options to meet demands.
• Man to machine ratio: For each kind of machines, calculate how many machine 1 operator could handle, to optimize utilization ratio
Industrial Engineer Work-cell
JABIL VIETNAM CO. LTDNovember 2010 - July 2011 (8 months)
• Design production line layout, Line balancing
• Design work station depend on standards of ergonomic, to prevent workplace injuries & fatigues, comply with 5S, motion study.
• Use MOST (Maynard Operational Sequence Technique, or Methods-Time Measurement) to build standard time, forecast capacity of new product’s line, combine with layout, headcount contribute to give out the quotation of new product.
• Set up route of MES (Manufacturing Execution System, an automatic manufacturing control system), conduct process logic, prevent mistake of wrong process.