Current:Assistant Food & Beverage Manager – Operation & Renovation project at Starwood - W Singapore Sentosa Cove
- Assistant Operation Manager – Zengo (pre-opening) at Starwood - Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai
- Media & Business Strategy Consultan at Lune Entertainment - A O Show
- Restaurant Manager – Sontaya (pre-opening) at Starwood - The St Regis Saadiyat Island Abu Dhabi
- Outlet Manager – Benihana (pre-opening) at Rotana Hotel & Resort - Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach Dubai
- F&B Tarot Participant at Rotana Hotel & Resort - Al Murooj Rotana Dubai
- Marketing Manager - Viet Nam at HTMI Soerenberg Switzerland
- University of Ulster, United Kingdom
- HTMi - The Institute of International Hotel & Tourism Management, Switzerland
Energetic and experienced hotelier, who specialized in pre-opening / set up / F&B conceptualization, with proven track record working for International upscale hotel brand, strong exposure to competitive F&B market (middle east & Singapore)
Industries:Airlines/Tourism/Hotel, Restaurant/Catering services, Legal/Marketing Research/Consulting
Specialities:pre-opening, set up, F&B conceptualization, training, budget, FF&E, OS&E, recruitment
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager – Operation & Renovation project
Starwood - W Singapore Sentosa CoveDecember 2014 - Present (6 years 11 months)
240 rooms property, 5 food & beverage outlet.
Reporting to the F&B manager, this role oversees all aspects of F&B operations for the hotel which covers asset management, license & franchise agreement executions as well as strategic planning & development of F&B venues. Main focus:
+ Streamlining process (Six Sigma lean ops)
+ Upgrade service element (LRA / LQA compliance)
+ Explore new business opportunity to increase revenue by 30% (international event, concert)
+ USD 25 milions net revenue target by 2015, (97% LQA, 95% LRA, 100% SPG)
+IMS – International Music Summit 2014 (Pete Tong)
+Zouk Out recharge party – IMS
+Endless summer party – Pool party with Nikki beach concept
+WGS – World gourmet summit – Michelin stars chef Tim Raue
+Yatch club party 2015
Assistant Operation Manager – Zengo (pre-opening)
Starwood - Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa DubaiJanuary 2014 - December 2014 (11 months)
Refurbish & turns 2 floors into ZENGO - a 500 seats semi fine dining Asian – South American fusion – a collaboration between chef Richard Sandoval & celebrity chef Akmal Annuar (Iggy’s Singapore - #8 in Asia according to San Pelligrino list),with 3 bars and resident DJ.
Conceptualization, FF&E, OS&E, S&M, budget & forecast, recruitment and training. Opened in September 2014
Budget 2015: USD 14 millions / year (net), 73,868 covers.
BEP – met from November 2014
Rank #1 restaurant (vs. 5685 restaurant in Dubai) on tripadvisor
Media & Business Strategy Consultan
Lune Entertainment - A O ShowJune 2013 - June 2015 (2 years)
Report directly to managing director, consult on policy, strategy, social media / marketing initiative. Develop standard operating procedure (SOP), design work flow & conduct relevant training for mid level management.
Restaurant Manager – Sontaya (pre-opening)
Starwood - The St Regis Saadiyat Island Abu DhabiSeptember 2011 - December 2013 (2 years 3 months)
charge of setting up FOE (foundation of excellence), food and beverage menu, promotional activity, training and FF&E / OS&E related matter.
• Won “Best Romantic restaurant” award, by Timeout Abu Dhabi 2012
• Won “Best Southeast Asian restaurant” award, by Timeout Abu Dhabi 2012 & 2013.
• “Highly recommended Southeast Asian restaurant” award by Timeout Abu Dhabi 2014
• Received What’s on – 2 Black Hat Rating
• Leader of the month – January 2013
• Exceed 2012 budget by 23% (achieved USD 9.4 millions vs. 7.3 in budget)
• LQA achieved 93%
• Staff turnover 2012 achieved 18%
• Graduate “Growing Star” – the 1 year talent development program of Starwood in Abu Dhabi
• Nominated and graduate “F&B profit optimization” – an online course of e-Hague
• Nominated and graduate “Finance for non Finance Manager” – an online course of e-Hague
Outlet Manager – Benihana (pre-opening)
Rotana Hotel & Resort - Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach DubaiApril 2010 - July 2011 (1 year 3 months)
To set up the Benihana, a 145 seats American – Japanese steakhouse (franchise).
To over-see the Sundeck Pool-bar, in the vacancy of the outlet manager.
• Best BBC food Award for Japanese restaurant in Dubai
• Promoted from Asst. Outlet Manager to Outlet Manager after 8 months
• Promoted from Outlet Manager to specialty outlet manager after 3 months - over-see the Sundeck Pool-bar – a 80 seats bar & lounge
• The Benihana has ranked first among all outlets across Rotana in term of guest satisfaction (Rotana Guest Satisfaction Survey, RGSS) for the period from June - November, 2010.
• The Benihana has ranked third in the internal audit, quiz & grooming standard, conducted by Employee Development Department.
• The Benihana has scored 90.80% in the recent LQA audit conducted by mistery shopper, highest among all outlet (average 85%)
• Currently exceed YTD budget by 10%, and meet monthly forecast.
• Complete the departmental project on: Wine Folio, Cocktail Folio, Pre-opening beverage ordering.
• Assist the F&B Director in preparing the budget for 2011, 2011 sale & marketing plan for 2011, departmental three months rolling forecast
• Current food cost is at 27%, beverage cost at 21%.
F&B Tarot Participant
Rotana Hotel & Resort - Al Murooj Rotana DubaiFebruary 2009 - April 2010 (1 year 2 months)
TAROT – The Accelerated Refinement of Talent is a corporate fast track development program developed by the Rotana group.
To assist the operation of F&B outlets at Al Murooj Rotana during peak period, coordinate with Outlet Manager in the planning of special events or projects (Ramadan, Festive Season, Room Service Amenity), handle administrative work at F&B office.
• Improve greatly the quality of flyer, menu of F&B outlet (wine of the month, festive season, Ramadan, menu) and Departmental presentation.
• Complete on time assigned activities (LQA Action plan, RESS action plan, competitor check, post morterm, FF&E)
• Coordinate with F&B secretary to prepare, set up and run effectively the Festive Season Box Office.
• Conduct in-depth market & customer for Double Decker (British Pub). The result of the study was implemented to develop the Double Decker's concept, improve the service & offer at Double Decker.
• Basic understanding on F&B related function: Cost controller, C&E Sales and cross exposure in Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi for 2 weeks.
• In charge of Waterside (fine-dining seafood restaurant) & Zaika (fine-dining Indian restaurant) during the festive season, with more than 80 covers.
• Graduate successfully the Tarot program
Marketing Manager - Viet Nam
HTMI Soerenberg SwitzerlandFebruary 2008 - February 2009 (1 year)
To coordinate all HTMi’s marketing activities in Vietnam, maintain and enhance relationships with HTMi’s educational agents (25), participate actively in 4 international educational exhibition and events, hosting seminar to increase awareness for HTMi (8 per month, for 10 months)
• Exceeded the targeted number of recruited students by 50% for the August intake.
University of Ulster (United Kingdom)
Bachelors , Hotel & Tourism Management2005 - 2008
HTMi - The Institute of International Hotel & Tourism Management (Switzerland)
Bachelors , Tourism & Event Management2005 - 2008
Groups and Associations:
Honors and Awards:_ Graduated as First Class Honours in the Bachelor of Science Degree, awarded by Ulster University, United Kingdom
_ Trophy of “Excellent Academic Achievement”, awarded by HTMi
_Trophy of “Mr. 100%” for consistently achieving high standard of professional attitude and academic performance.
_ Award of “Outstanding Contribution to HTMi”
_ Award of “Highest Grade Point Average”
_ The Golden Prize for having excellent topics and the completion of the “1000 Psychological Expert in Business” – Level 1