Current:Capacity Manager at Maxis Communnication
- Senior System Administrator at Alterian Vietnam
- IT Projects and IS Manager at Singapore International School Vietnam
- IT Operations Manager at RMIT International University Vietnam
- IT Manager at Interfood Shareholding Company Vietnam
- Technical Support Engineer at Dell Corporation Malaysia
- Technical Service Adviser at Singtel Telecom Limited Singapore
- Senior Engineer Executive at Alpha Data Sdn Bhd Malaysia
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Kolej Damansara Utama, Malaysia
A distinguished Manager with over 17+ years of expertise in IT Project Management, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of systems, IT Infrastructure and Service Desk Management, expertise in managing projects within Information Technology, Datacenter, Customer Service and Manufacturing environment. Solid background in directing programs to implement Infrastructure, Applications, ERP and Network Security, proven ability to bridge technology and business goals to provide productive solutions. Demonstrated success leading and mentoring cross-functional teams in multi-facility environments in order to maximize levels of productivity, experienced interfacing with key business units including Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human Resources, Manufacturing and Engineering in multi-cultural global arena. Excellent communicator, with emphasis on building strong client relationships, capable of making professional presentations, quick learner that rapidly adapts to emerging technologies.
Industries:IT - Hardware/Networking, FMCG - Household / Personal Care
Specialities:Results driven project management professional with Master Degree level education, project-management certification, and proven track record in increasing productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction, in-depth expertise in the implementation, analysis, optimization, troubleshooting and documentation of network systems, strong technical knowledge with Microsoft MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP, ITILv3, VMware VCP410 and ISFS ISO/IEC 27002 certifications.
Creative thinker and analytical problem-solver with demonstrated ability to manage projects from planning through execution/completion under the pressure of fast-paced, time-sensitive environments. Proven ability to led and motivate project teams to ensure success, track record for diagnosing complex problems and consistently delivering effective solutions. Exceptional interpersonal communicator who effectively interacts with clients and all levels of management.
Strengths and key skills include:
- Experience of IT Service Management and ITIL for 5+ years
- Energetic, enthusiastic, results-orientated; capable of adding significant value to the existing management team and successfully implementing their ideas.
- Committed to “best practices” and best in class methodologies.
- A strong leader with Management skills in building and motivating teams, self motivated, highly resilient, confident communication skills.
- Ability to team with, and manage, a strong partner/vendor relationship.
- Ability to overcome the complexities involved in changing processes and implementing new technologies and methodologies and the resulting impact on people and the organization
- Ability to lead service focused cultural change.
- Ability to link Service Management measures to strategic goals of the business.
- Highly developed collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Ideally cost management / budget / P&L responsibility
- Dedicated and Resourceful
Maxis CommunnicationFebruary 2012 - Present (9 years 6 months)
- Responsible for both Service Level Management and Capacity/Availability management.
- Service Level Management, planning, implementation, control, review and audit of service provision, to meet customer business requirements.
- Negotiation, implementation and monitoring of service level agreements, and the ongoing management of operational facilities to provide the agreed levels of service.
- Seeking continually and proactively to improve service delivery.
- Management of the capability and functionality of service components (including hardware, software and network) to meet current and forecast needs in a cost effective manner. This includes dealing with both long-term changes and short-term variations in the level of demand.
Senior System Administrator
Alterian Vietnam IT - Software/E-commerceNovember 2010 - November 2011 (1 year)
Responsible for providing my expertise to projects that required input from Hosted Operation Manager from Bristol, United Kingdom.
- Setup Datacenter at Denver USA with more than 100 units of physical and virtual servers.
- Manage Veritas BackupExec, NetBackup 6.5, 7.0.1, for all servers
- Manage Tembria Monitoring system for Denver, Bristol and Vancouver.
- Manage Trellis Helpdesk ticketing system to log daily problem/issue tickets.
- L2 & L3 support on Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise OS, AD, GPo, DNS, Windows XP, Windows 7.
- Manage VMware ESX 4.1 Enterprise Plus, HA, DRS, Vmotion.
- Project Management using HP c7000 enclosure, HP Proliant DL server, Dell Equallogic PS6000 iSCSI storage, HP 3Par SAN, Dell PowerEdge server and Brocade SAN switches.
- Development and adherence to Global policies, standards and governances.
- Manage IT Asset Management, Software licensing, Hardware and Peripherals.
- Develop IT Project Management, Project Plan, Technical Design and Network Infrastructure setup
IT Projects and IS Manager
Singapore International School Vietnam Education/TrainingApril 2009 - October 2010 (1 year 6 months)
Evaluate IT systems, identify areas for improvement, and manage improvement project, plan and manage technology projects.
I recommend and implement IT solutions that improve performance and efficiency.
- Manage IT Project Management and Infrastructure setup from initial phase to closing.
- Manage and control operational IT budgets and costs.
- Manage IT staffs including resource planning, recruitment and professional development.
- Manage the relationship between the vendors, customers of IT, staffs and the various IT service providers to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop IT processes and standards to meet stakeholders' service delivery expectations.
- Ensure that the structure of the IT department is appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure that IT systems and services support all business operations.
- Ensure that policies are implemented effectively within Information Technology. New regulations are properly communicated, and provide quality assurance on the design of the control measures and monitoring plans. Coordinate, analyze and consolidate OR and loss reporting to the Board of Director.
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- To establish, update and monitor the Service Level Agreements, IT Policy and Procedure, Security Audit, Change Control Management, Incident Management, Disaster Recovery Plan, Business Continuity Plan, IT Services documentation to ensure alignment of business and IT expectations using ITIL standard.
IT Operations Manager
RMIT International University Vietnam Education/TrainingMarch 2007 - March 2009 (2 years)
Manage IT operations and supervise 25 IT staffs, evaluate University IT systems, refresh datacenter hardware’s and software’s, identify areas for improvement and manage improvement project.
- Manage computing and information technology plans, policies, programs, and schedules for business and finance data processing, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
- Manage the relationship between the customers of IT, staffs and the various IT service providers to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Implement controls using ITIL procedure within Information Technology to meet regulatory and internal requirements. In addition, drive and implement an effective risk management framework, and promote a strong risk management and a compliance culture. Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken to mitigate, reduce or contain the identified operational risks. Undertake and / or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities. This includes communication and other initiatives to change mindset and behavior of staff.
- Advise senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives.
- Interact with department managers on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Ensure that policies are implemented effectively within Information Technology. New regulations are properly communicated, and provide quality assurance on the design of the control measures and monitoring plans. Coordinate, analyze and consolidate OR and loss reporting to the IT Director.
- Conduct regular customer (Students and Staffs) satisfaction survey to measure customer satisfaction, service review and vendors to understand new service requirements and issues, to propose solution to increase IT services level to business user at all levels.
- To establish, update and monitor the Service Level Agreements, Back-up procedure, IT Policy, Security Audit, Change Control, Incident Management, Disaster Recovery Plan, Business Continuity Plan, IT Services documentation to ensure alignment of business and IT expectations.
- Conduct regular monitor and supervise the inventory of hardware, software and licensing.
- Lead and coordinate effort to enhance the general risk management and compliance culture within Information Technology. This includes communication and other initiatives to change mindset and behavior of staff.
Interfood Shareholding Company Vietnam FMCG - Household / Personal CareMay 2004 - January 2007 (2 years 9 months)
I evaluated IT systems, identified areas for improvement and managed improvement project.
- Provided and maintained network connectivity at company branches, providing technical support and troubleshooting activities on hardware and software.
- Performed evaluations on each software package, scoring and identifying the best attributes of the software through effective data collection and ranking.
- Performed Network Management, Network Design, Internet Security, and IT Operations Management, Data Backup, MYBS ERP System, Microsoft ISA Server, Windows Server 2003 and Manufacturing Management system.
- Developed and designed IT policies and procedure and ensured adherence to the guidelines.
- Evaluated IT initiative developed and implemented processes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency. Provide on-going review on standard procedures and operating policy to ensure the compliances to the business process and rule.
- Provided support in IT strategic planning, quality improvement and management information.
- Managed and provided on-going systems support, which includes software licensing, networking, security (firewall, virus etc), database, system backup and recovery.
Technical Support Engineer
Dell Corporation Malaysia IT - Hardware/NetworkingJune 2002 - February 2004 (1 year 8 months)
- Phone support for Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei customer. - Provide Hardware & Software support to our clients. - Provide onsite support to our customer. - Support Dell PC & Notebook (Lattitute and Inspiron)
Technical Service Adviser
Singtel Telecom Limited Singapore TelecommunicationsOctober 1999 - February 2002 (2 years 4 months)
- Work under Singtel Magix division - Setup, install and configure ADSL Modem at client site. - Problem solving and troubleshooting ADSL modem installation on Windows OS. - Testing the compatibility between different kinds of ADSL modem with different kind of Windows OS. - Go to client site to check the phone line bandwidth and work together with colleague where our control centre is at our office at Comcentre, Sommerset
Senior Engineer Executive
Alpha Data Sdn Bhd Malaysia IT - Hardware/NetworkingJanuary 1994 - February 1999 (5 years 2 months)
- Provide in and outdoor after sales services to our computer dealer's throughout Northern region. - Problem solving and troubleshooting on customer PC and Notebook (Tatung & Mitac) - Handling 4 Technical Support Engineer. - Handle computer sales to our designated dealer's in Ipoh. - Preparing pricing and quotation for our dealer's in Ipoh.
University of Melbourne (Australia)
Masters , IT Management2008 - 2010
University of Melbourne (Australia)
Post-graduate , IT Management2008 - 2009
National University of Singapore (Singapore)
Bachelors , Information Technology1994 - 1996
Kolej Damansara Utama (Malaysia)
College , Computer Engineering1992 - 1993
Groups and Associations:
Honors and Awards:MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCSA Security, MCSE Security
MCTS SQL 2008, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, MCITP CRM 4.0
JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER, JICIA-EX, JNCIS-SEC
ISFS ISO/IEC 27002