Anphabe is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of the Anphabe.com website. By using Anphabe website, you consent to the policies and practices described in this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time with or without advance notice, so please check back periodically.
- Information Collection
- Information Use
- Information Sharing
- Accessing and Updating Your Account Information
I. Information Collection
The Anphabe.com website collects information in several ways from different parts of our website.
In order to become an Anphabe user, you are requested to create an account on the website. This requires the following information: name, salutation, date of birth, country, city, contact phone number, email address, username, password; a brief summary of your professional background (industry, company name, job title, job level and period); and your education summary (school name, your major, period). This information is fundamental for our approving your membership registration on Anphabe.com.
It's optional for you to share your contact information including phone and contact address. Upon your agreement, from time to time, Anphabe will send you useful information.
As a user, you may provide additional information in the Profile section describing your skills, professional experiences, and networking objectives. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but enables you to better identify yourself and find new opportunities on the Anphabe website.
Information about your Contacts
In order to invite others to connect with you directly in Anphabe, you will enter their names and email addresses. This information will be used by Anphabe to send your invitation including a message that you write. The names and email addresses of people that you invite will be used only to send your invitation and reminders. Additionally, to serve the purpose of improving our service, we may use your email address to send messages which are only composed by Anphabe.
One type of cookie, known as a "persistent" cookie, is set once you've logged in to your Anphabe account. The next time you visit the Anphabe website, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing user so you will not need to log in before using the service. Anphabe currently keeps this cookie open for consecutive 2 weeks for your convenient use. In order to access or change any of your personal details, however, you must log in securely again with your password even if your computer contains your persistent cookie. Additionally, if you log out of the Anphabe site you will need to re-enter your password the next time you visit in order to log in to your account.
Anphabe will also gather or may gather certain information about your use of our site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by Anphabe. This information can include without limitation your IP address, browser type, domain names, access items and referring website addresses.
II. Information Use
Anphabe is an online networking service dedicated to help all types of professionals more effectively connect with one another. The information you choose to provide on this site is used to help you describe yourself to other users.
Anphabe will communicate with you through emails and notices posted on this website. These include a series of notification emails which help inform new users about various features of the service. Please be aware that you will always receive certain emails from Anphabe related to the proper functioning of your account, such as email notices when another user in your network sends you an opportunity. Anphabe may send you promotional information unless you have opted out of receiving such information. If you wish to opt-out of receiving promotional emails, please change your Email Notifications under Privacy Settings.
Information you provide at registration or in your profile section is also used to customize your experience on the web site. For example, when you login to your account we will display the screen names of new users who have recently joined your network.
III. Information Sharing
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Anphabe takes the privacy of our users very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personal information or information about your use of the Anphabe website (such as the areas you visit or the services you access) to third parties, except as set forth in the following five subparagraphs.
1. We may allow third parties to communicate with you through Anphabe system for appropriate contents. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the products or services of third parties, we may allow third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others to send you email or communicate with you through Anphabe system. We may use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the products or services of a particular third-party.
2. We may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card or other types of payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
3. We may disclose such information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of the legal entity owning Anphabe.com or its partner companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
4. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of the legal entity owning Anphabe.com, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
5. We may use your personal information from your account for any and all of Anphabe's marketing purposes. For example, that may be used in newspaper advertising, direct mail pieces, sales kits, posters and other materials related to Anphabe.
Anphabe may also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to each section of Anphabe with its clients, partners and other third parties so that they may understand the kinds of visitors to the Anphabe.com website and how those visitors use the site.
Communications between Users
Many emails you initiate through Anphabe, an invitation sent to a non-user for instance, will list your name in the header of the message. Emails you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will never list the people to whom you're directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the Anphabe website, like a request for contact, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal contact information. Your contact information will only be shared with another user if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
IV. Accessing and Updating Your Account Information
You can review the personal information you provided us and make any desired changes to the information, or to the settings for your Anphabe account, at any time by logging in to your account on the Anphabe website and editing the information on your profile page. Once you have logged onto the system during a given session, wherever you go on the Anphabe.com website, your information will stay with you until or unless you click on the "Sign out" link, which is accessible from within header of your own screens on Anphabe.com when you are logged in.
If you are a previously registered user and you have lost or forgotten your password, you may obtain it by email by using our "Forgot Password" feature. Click the button on any login page to request that your password be emailed to you. We cannot provide your password by any other means.
Your Anphabe.com website account can be deleted, but doing so will result in not being able to access any of the features of the program that require user registration. We will or may keep an archival copy of your account which is not accessible on the Internet.
Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us or other Members by email or instant messaging services. If you have any questions about the security of the Anphabe website, please contact us .