Current:Head of Group (Finance, Accounting, Controlling and Planning) at Viet Anh Joint Stock Company (DHA Medic)
- Financial Controller at Ben Thanh Jewelry (CTCP Vàng bạc Đá quý Bến Thành)
- Controlling Manager at Vinmart
- Ass. Controller at FRESENIUS KABI BIDIPHAR & FRESENIUS KABI ASIA PACIFIC LTD
- Senior Controller at METRO Cash & Carry Vietnam (METRO)
- ĐH Kinh tế Đà Nẵng, Vietnam
Job title: Controlling/ Management accountant.
Ideally Job: good salary and benefit, there are many challenges and opportunities to manifest myself as well as having more training opportunity.
Job objective: I have always trained myself to become a good Finance Director in the next 3 years.
Industries:Accounting/Auditing, Finance/Investment, Retail/Wholesale/Distributor
Specialities:All tasks are completed with the highest effective, as: always meet deadline, exactly provide information, timely and availability information, closely communicate and work with other colleagues/ Depts.,
Successful building for Metro & VinMart a standard finance & accounting, management report systems with a smooth run of operation.
Head of Group (Finance, Accounting, Controlling and Planning)
Viet Anh Joint Stock Company (DHA Medic)April 2018 - Present (2 years 7 months)
To be in charge of Finance functions to ensure that biz could run on the right way to achieve company goals and strategies.
Ben Thanh Jewelry (CTCP Vàng bạc Đá quý Bến Thành)May 2016 - March 2018 (1 year 10 months)
BTJ has been invested by Mekong Capital with expectation to become the best famous jewelry company in Vietnam, so we need to rebuild all things including Finance, Accounting, Management functions, as follow:
- Standard operating procedures (SOP)/ Reporting templates
- Strategy, financial model, budget/ forecast, investment proposal, ERP, employee, etc.
- Evaluate accounting and financial systems, procedures and practices and make recommendations for improvements and modifications
- Prepare all types of financial and management reports on monthly and quarterly and yearly basis, including ad-hoc reports (as required) and timely furnish reports as requirement
- Budget and forecasting process
VinmartJuly 2015 - April 2016 (9 months)
- I have worked for VinMart as position Controlling Manager since Jul 2015.
DETAILS OF WORKING:
To be in charge of Sales, COGS, Stock, Management Report as detail below:
- Implement the yearly budget, monthly forecast.
- Reconcile the figures for monthly closing event.
- Analyze the actual figures vs. PY/ budget/ forecast.
- Prepare all management reports, as:
+ Sales, including: sales, GP, margin, # of invoice… vs. bud/PY/FC
+ Stock, including: stock availability, stock day & rotation, old stock & slow moving…
+ Margin: analyze margin per store/ dept., / category/ …
+ PL report: per store/ month/ …
+ PP slides for BOM meeting/ budget presentation/ …
FRESENIUS KABI BIDIPHAR & FRESENIUS KABI ASIA PACIFIC LTDDecember 2014 - June 2015 (6 months)
- I worked for Fresenius Kabi as position Assistant Controller from Dec 2014 to Jun 2015.
DETAILS OF WORKING:
- Evaluate accounting and financial systems, procedures and practices and make recommendations for improvements and modifications.
- Prepare all types of financial and management reports on monthly and quarterly and yearly basis, including ad-hoc reports (as required) and timely furnish reports as required by local management team, regional and head quarter office.
- Budget and forecasting process:
+ Ensure departmental expenses do not exceed its budget/ forecast.
+ Take appropriate action to control the cost, rather than to correct them (send to the BU head their expenses and response all questions from them).
+ Present the SG & A vs. their targets to management team.
+ At quarterly basis, prepare the templates for input and communicate with department head for their input (sales & cost). Review and correct their sales as well as expenses.
+ Preliminary review and challenge the budget items (sales & cost) of the budget holder.
- Ensure all sales/costs are correctly maintained in local / corporate systems.
- Undertake assigned projects relating to finance, accounting and management - if any.
METRO Cash & Carry Vietnam (METRO)January 2007 - November 2014 (7 years 11 months)
- I worked for Metro Cash & Carry Viet Nam as position Senior Controller around 8 years (01/2007 – 11/2014).
DETAILS OF WORKING:
- Create all templates as PL, BS, Short PL/Notes, Investment, Capital Expenditures, Delivery / Field Force / Own Brand and Customers… for preparing next 3 years forecast
- Based on figures which were received from all related departments as well as history figures of previous years to prepare/update into the standard templates with reliable figures for next 3 years forecast
- Review/revise all figures as well as suitability with group targets, then upload data into management system (SAP: BW, ECCS)
- Based on forecast figures, actual figures of previous year and targets of next year to prepare budget for whole year at beginning of the year as details
+ Sales: work closely with sales function to forecast reliable monthly/yearly sales (incl. high volume sales, own brand sales and promotion sales) and front margin. Coordinate with marketing function such as promotion, event as well as Gift Voucher/ Sales Incentive Bonus to customer that impacted to Margin
+ PL: integrate the Sales (incl. gross profit, sales deduction, later income…), Costs (incl. cost of goods sold, personnel, leasing, and energy, advertising…) and others into the PL template in order to finalize the full PL with the reliable EBIT/EBIT MV
+ BS: based on PL, CAPEX, Working Capital (incl. inventory, payable/receivable...) figures as well as the beginning balance figures of BS to prepare/update for BS data
+ CAPEX: to prepare capital expenditures basing on the new investment figures, repair and maintenance budget
- Create tools which support for uploading and collect all related figures in order to upload into the management system.
- Based on budget figures and actual figures of previous months then do adjustment in order to prepare the best suitable forecast for each month during the year
- Check, review and get comments for all related business cases which are prepared and summited by other colleagues/depts.
- Prepare and summit to the management board the full investment proposal (IP) package of new investment cases (supper market centers) incl. investment expenses, PL statement, customer status, cash pay back, EVA, NPV… and then align with group controlling in order to get approval from group management board
- Prepare all figures for pre-closing with some scenarios, as: PL, CAPEX, and BS
- Compare these actual figures with forecast figures in order to decide to do more accrual or release for suitability
- Upload data into the management system
- Run and send out the commentary package to region Asia and group controlling as well
- Provide the full PL report to stores (19 stores) variances of actual vs. bud, vs. forecast and vs. PY
To prepare all management reports as daily/weekly Sales, PL, BS, CAPEX, Customers, Inflation and Investment… including KPI analysis reports, slides for management meeting purpose
the stock incl. minus stock, old stock, average stock, stock aging, SVA…by store/category
the customer figures incl. # of buying/visit customers, sales/profit/margin/frequency/sales per visit/buying rate… per categories per stores
the sales/margin by store/category such as: daily/weekly sales commentary reports, high volume/own brand/promotion sales reports, margin report
the costs incl. rental expense, advertising expense, direct management/indirect management expenses, other expenses by store/ departs
the full PL (incl. EBIT MV), CAPEX, Customer and compare with the previous years and forecast figures, to find out the reason of deviation in order to explain/ propose the solution for next periods to the related dept. and the management level as well
Manage, control and compare the actual investment figures with the IP figures to explain the deviation and report to group controlling as well
To do another requirements (ad hoc) by Head of Controlling dept. / Management Board
Leadership for growth
To see myself for growth
To manage the time for more effective
Planning and Reporting skills
To prepare the plan and provide reports
Effective supervisor skills
Chief Accountant Certificate
The occupation certificate