SC & Subcontracting Quality Manager
- Bel Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 4000 Competitive
- Posted: 24 Mar 2021
This position is responsible for coordinating the end to end quality of Bel products in VTN and APAC cluster, according to the objectives defined by the Group:
- End to end quality coordination from plant to stores: products’ transport, storage and distribution.
- Co-manufacturers (Subcontractors) follow-up.
1. Capability building
- Plan and conduct quality audits against Bel Quality standards for quality requirements of transport of our products, distributors and trade partners (warehouses and shops) within countries in scope.
- Communicate audit outcome, improvement action plan and follow up on progress with stakeholders.
- Promote quality awareness via regular trainings and communication of good quality practices in logistics (transport & storage) and distribution (including supply-chain, sales & marketing local teams).
- Quality systems development, implementation and customization of Group standards to local needs.
- Ensure best practices of transport, storage and distribution are in place at BEL warehouses (“commercial” WH), at 3rd part logistics partners and at distributors’ level (i.e. unloading, FEFO, cold chain, co-packing, etc.).
- Ensure effective traceability management along the downstream supply chain till customers is maintained and regularly assessed.
- Conduct approval quality audits to potential 3rd part logistics, distributors, transport companies and trade partners.
- Support in developing and visualizing route to market with quality risks at different stages and their potential impact.
2. Incident management
- Proactively highlight risks and propose mitigation actions to sales and supply chain.
- Investigate and analyze quality incidents and customer complaints on ground “when needed” on time, identifying root causes and lead actions with relevant stakeholders (factories, sales, supply chain & distributors).
- Perform market quality scanning when needed.
- Regular recording and reporting of quality issues in trade, their impact and progress of actions.
- Support non-quality cost tracking and follow up.
3. Quality monitoring
- Supervision of the good collect of data required for consolidation of all Quality KPIs & consolidation for APAC reporting.
- Implementation (when needed) and follow-up on EQC (“Estimation of Quality in Commerce”) execution and consolidation of data with manager & central quality function.
- Highlight quality risks after reviewing EQC reports for countries.
- Monitor freshness / product aging and alert raising for concerned stakeholders.
- Quality review with Bel subsidiaries teams (KPI’s review (freshness, stock level, delay of transport, logistic incidents,….), action plans review).
- Quality review with main partners (during business review).
4. Changes and Innovation support
- Provide trade quality expertise before, during and after new innovations and in case of any changes affecting. product quality; including proactive feedback on market quality, receiving controls and follow up on launches and product changes.
5. Co-manufacturing (Subcontracting) management
- Support performing quality and food safety audits to potential co-manufacturers.
- Co-manufacturers follow-up (selection, homologation, reporting, quality reviews, continuous improvement,..).
- Management of claims and incidents related to the subcontracted activities, in link with the co-manufacturer.
6. Other activities
- Participate in improvement projects locally and regionally and ensure assigned deliverables are achieved.
- Co-packing and promo review and approval after aligning with concerned teams.
- Other activities may appear according to business needs.
Minimum degree and experience required:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Quality, food science or chemistry, and/or equivalent training.
- At least 4 years’ experience in FMCG in quality and/or supply chain role.
Technical skills needed:
- Knowledge of food industry processes
- Good knowledge of audit methods and quality improvement tools
- Good knowledge of certification standards (ISO, GFSI), quality management tools and food risks
- Understanding of logistics and supply chain and their impacts on food safety and quality
Personal skills needed:
- Methodical, rigorous, strong analytical and synthesis skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability for transversal management and to make proposals. Able to share expectations with peers.
- Requires excellent oral, written, and communication skills.
- Requires autonomy & pro-active mindset.
Specific competencies: (foreign languages, specific knowledge)
- Vietnamese & English required, French is a plus.
- Able to travel: 20% to 30% travel required in Vietnam and APAC countries (mostly South East Asia).
About Bel Vietnam
400 million smiles, everywhere within the world!
With five universal brands, including The Laughing Cow®, Mini Babybel®, Kiri®, Leerdammer®, and Boursin®, and over 25 local brands, Bel brings smiles to nearly 400 million consumers in 130 countries. By building on the strength of its brands, the most international names in the cheese sector, Bel aims to lead in all its various markets.
The commitment, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit of Bel’s 12,000 employees is the growth driver of the world’s third-largest branded cheese company.
In 2016, the Group generated consolidated sales of €2.9 billion. 12,000 employees in some 33 subsidiaries around the world contribute to the Group's success. Its products are prepared at 30 production sites.
To experience Bel is to be daring, pragmatic and determined to meet the growth challenges of an international family food group.
At Bel, the employees have the opportunity to measure the impact of their talent and energy in realizing an ambitious company project. Be you. Be ambitious. Be Bel.
Bel Group is headquartered in Suresnes, France.