Senior Brand Manager
- Bel Vietnam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 4000 Competitive
- Posted: 26 Apr 2021
The Senior Brand Manager leads the strategic development and execution to drive sustainable growth for a brand / group of brands. To do so, the Senior Brand Manager defines core strategies and translates those strategies into initiatives that will result in accelerated share and profit growth through focused and holistic marketing plans. This leader is responsible for enrolling and aligning leaders in the plans and is expected to work closely with Consumer Insights, RID, Finance, Sales, Global Marketing teams, and Industrial to optimize product lines and deliver sustainable profit growth.
In Vietnam, we manage a 2 in 1 plan with a focus on a Test & learn plan combined with a robust national development brand plan.
Market dynamics – Portfolio & positive brand strategy: guarantee the comprehensiveness of the market analysis and define levers to reach the growth target
- Audit the data sources and ensure the homogeneous methods.
- Propose new data sources to expand Bel’s understanding of its market.
- Complete the insights available to the brand and leverage on them to map opportunities.
- Set your brand objectives for both the Test & Learn and National Plan and undertake projects for financial optimizations.
- Map your brand opportunities and threats. From the category stories and your knowledge of the portfolio, define the long-term plan and objectives.
- Define how your brand positioning will evolve and include increasingly the sustainability.
- Define a relevant brand roadmap for the various target groups under one umbrella
Business development planning & delivery: manage your brand as your own business
- Define yearly brand plans and propose a budget allocation in line with the market analysis, the Test & Learn boundaries and the global strategy, ensuring a P&L growth.
- Consistently evaluate business progress against Test & Learn as well as National plan and recommends corrective action as needed.
- Anticipate and incorporate internal and external factors that could impact the P&L for his/her business.
- Contribute with the Sales and the Supply Chain through the S&OP to improve product route to market considering customer channels.
Activation & integrated communication: define the local amplifications of your brand and ensure their performances
- Define and plan the integrated communications aligned with the brand strategy and promoting the sustainability of the brand, focusing on Digital in first year as a Start-Up mode.
- Lead cross-agency brief and meeting. Challenge their delivery to ensure maximum efficiency and breakthrough marketing activations.
- Arbitrate on activation opportunities to optimize their reach and financial results.
- Collaborate and challenge the digital stakeholders to produce the digital plan.
- Build the best touchpoint mix based on a customer centric approach.
- Guarantee the performance of community engagement initiatives: social media, PR and press office.
Positive inno-reno: allow your brand to be one step ahead
- Identify the local needs in terms of Innovation and raise the headquarters’ awareness on those needs.
- Identify innovations from the global pipeline to ensure innovations will sustain the 3 years growth of the brand(s). Challenge the global on its pipeline if necessary.
- Elaborate the mid-term innovation plan which may include adaptations for the local consumer tastes from year 2
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree requirement
- 6+ years of progressive CPG Brand Marketing experience
- Previous Sales or Global experience is a +
SPECIFIC SKILLS OR QUALIFICATIONS (foreign languages, software skills, technical skills, …):
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills: Drive and accelerate transformation, Dare to innovate, Unconditional collaboration, Demonstrate agility and resilience.
Business & marketing skills
- Designing and implementing winning competitive strategies in fast evolving, mass markets.
- Marketing expertise especially on media, advertising, packaging and pricing strategy
- Relevant on Sales activities, off and online alike.
- Knowledge of product value drivers (nutrition, CSR, …)
- Strong data processing skills especially in the context of strategic, category, retailer, competitive and consumer insights (Nielsen/IRI preferred) as well as P&L forecast and management
- Strong project management skills in the context of agencies and public relationships: ability to challenge your partners
- Assertive in Digital Precision Marketing with proven track record
- Strong business understanding with a focus on priorities and decision making
- Taste for team-collaboration and international matrixial organization especially in a multicultural environment with remote contacts with teams and counterparts in other countries.
- Autonomous, with strong influence skills, out of the box thinking to challenge dogmas and preconceived truths.
- Robust drive spirit combined with the ability to overcome obstacles and enthusiasm
- You are fluent in Vietnam and English - travels at corporate (Paris) and others to be taken into account
About Bel Vietnam
400 million smiles, everywhere within the world!
With five universal brands, including The Laughing Cow®, Mini Babybel®, Kiri®, Leerdammer®, and Boursin®, and over 25 local brands, Bel brings smiles to nearly 400 million consumers in 130 countries. By building on the strength of its brands, the most international names in the cheese sector, Bel aims to lead in all its various markets.
The commitment, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit of Bel’s 12,000 employees is the growth driver of the world’s third-largest branded cheese company.
In 2016, the Group generated consolidated sales of €2.9 billion. 12,000 employees in some 33 subsidiaries around the world contribute to the Group's success. Its products are prepared at 30 production sites.
To experience Bel is to be daring, pragmatic and determined to meet the growth challenges of an international family food group.
At Bel, the employees have the opportunity to measure the impact of their talent and energy in realizing an ambitious company project. Be you. Be ambitious. Be Bel.
Bel Group is headquartered in Suresnes, France.