Have something to say?Join Anphabe for free to share and get shared on your own business topics.
- Anh Tuan Nguyen1312787153
Hi, I think that the problem is not about should or should not. It is about HOW and WHEN. I believe that one should answer the following questions when considering going abroad for self-development.
1. Can you MAXIMALLY achieve your goals AS PLANNED without going abroad? (Need). Well, sometimes, it is difficult to choose between "good" and "better". Therefore I emphasise "MAXIMALLY" and "AS PLANNED". My advice is that unless the answer is a big YES, otherwise you should go. Once you make your decision, GO GO! Do not think twice.
2. What are the goals of your trip? (Purpose) Determine the goals before you go. If you do not plan to stay abroad forever, plan carefully. Go and come back quickly.
Keep in mind: Time goes fast. Whatever you think you should do, do it as quickly as you can. In this case, there is always a trade-off: the longer you stay abroad, the MORE "international" knowledge/experience and the LESS "Vietnamese" knowledge/experience you gain. Which one is more important to you?
- Tuan Bui1315923025
I share a small point of view.
I have the same opinion with Ms. Rosie Vu, there are many majors that you can study in Vietnam for a good results (instead of you want to study in depth in some rare specialized majors)
I graduated from a small school (Binh Duong College), major in Office Secretary. Very normal! But now I work for big firm and try to be professional. It's self-study!hZWZlpZikWyclZeExaBkb-GkoGOYcFLJpMWoq4DHo5ifmatXc6xsm2pTcdGrrZenVW7VbW6eUp3Zppeky9TSg5_XnJeYaoOgydel0tHTlqPad9Wk01hr2XKab1qox6eVoKdbcJlzZJ-rpGqccliTo6aqx6WVzZRZn6tuZJyHlZSXlYSh12qac4bS2dHJ2JCqz5WIbdlwZKBalmlpaYhwsbA.
- Robert Easson1317360750
Vietnam is developing in every way. Things that need improvement are (not limited to)
* Professional Management (eg. As a Manager, shouting at your staff died with the dinosaurs, but I see it happening too often here)
* Professional Customer Service
* Taking Professional Responsibility (eg: a director who needs to pass around a decision to several different people before making a consensus decision is not taking responsibility for their role). There is too much responsibility mitigation here.
So studying and working overseas will do fantastic things for Vietnam. You are already seeing the results of this in junior to middle management. I look forward to seeing more of them move into senior management positions.hZWZlpZikWyclZeExaBkb-GkoGOYcFLJpMWoq4DHo5ifmatXc6xsm2pTcdGrrZenVW7VbW6eUp3Zppeky9TSg5_XnJeYaoOgydel0tHTlqPad9Wk01hr2XKab1qox6eVoKdbcJlzZJ-rpGqccliTo6aqx6WVzZRZn6tuZJyHlpGUl4Sh12qac4bS2dHJ2JCqz5WIbdlwZKBammVsaohwsbA.
- Duong Mai1311322208
Well, that's how I perceive 'develop ourselves' at least...hZWZlpVpl2-ZlJqExaBkb-GkoGOYcFLJpMWoq4DHo5ifmatXc6xsm2pTcdGrrZenVW7VbW6eUp3Zppeky9TSg5_XnJeYaoOgydel0tHTlqPad9Wk01hr2XKab1qox6eVoKdbcJlzZJ-rpGqccliTo6aqx6WVzZRZn6tuY5yHlpWchp3ZnmmbW9Pa0MjWxaaeylOhpaBqaohplWloWqGysQ..
- Phat Minh Tran1311747651
.it's never too late to study .it's really up to you to plan your schedule .you can work and save up or if you have financial assistants then why not now :)hZWZlpZikWyclZeExaBkb-GkoGOYcFLJpMWoq4DHo5ifmatXc6xsm2pTcdGrrZenVW7VbW6eUp3Zppeky9TSg5_XnJeYaoOgydel0tHTlqPad9Wk01hr2XKab1qox6eVoKdbcJlzZJ-rpGqccliTo6aqx6WVzZRZn6tuY5yHl5GYhp3ZnmmbW9Pa0MjWxaaeylOhpaBpaohqlWVac-Oy
- Anh Do Ngoc1313638107
Hey Rosie, If you have chance to go... so why not? In my point of view, studying abroad brings you:
- networking (esp in a MBA class)
- more & new knowledge
- new life experience
but most of all, you have to consider "is it worth to spend one or two year of your life for that study program or job", answer some question like "why that, ex why MBA, why now" and whether what you gain after studying/working follow your goal of life.